“Amazing!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kentucky
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have never been to a hotel that had better costumer service! From the front desk to the valet...I felt so welcomed! The location is perfect. Close to downtown, but felt as if you were miles away. A park next door and the river views were spectacular. There is a great place for a morning run or an evening walk along the river. The room was very comfortable and roomy, even the bathroom. The lack of parking was a concern for me, but the valet was so convenient. I did not want to leave. Loved it and highly recommend this unique little gem!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Absolutely love it! I am defiantly sharing your review with all of our staff. Thanks for the great feedback.

Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I accidentally came across Kimpton properties about a year ago in Seattle, it's the best accident one could have. Portland is the fourth Kimpton property I've visited now. Any city I go to, I look to see if they have a Kimpton property before I book my hotel. This hotel chain is all class and never misses a detail. The experience in Portland was no different. From the warm reception staff to the daily notes left by housekeeping to wish us a warm stay. Thank you Kimpton for giving me a home away from home. Your forever faithful guest, Jim.

Stayed January 2014
We are forever grateful that you stumbled upon Kimpton Hotels and thanks for the loyalty! With now 50+ hotels to choose from you shouldn’t have a hard time finding us no matter where you travel. Thanks for the review.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 19, 2014

What an incredible experience! When we arrived Kaitlin at the front desk 1) upgraded us to a suite, 2) offered us a free glass of wine even though we arrived after their nightly wine hour was over, and 3) gave us a Portland map and marked on it all the restaurants and attractions we asked about. Everything about this hotel and staff was great -- free bicycle rental, hot chocolate in the morning, its location right on the waterfront, its convenience to public transportation, and it even welcomes dogs! We were bummed that we had not brought our dog and they offered us a fish bowl for the night if we wanted a pet for our room! You will be happy you stayed here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for mentioning Katelin and the wonderful service she provided. She has been an amazing new addition to our team. I thank my lucky stars that we have such incredible caring staff. Let’s get back here soon and be sure to bring your dog!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent experience waiting to to be had. The hotel is nestled on the Willamette river and the views in the evening are simply beautiful. The rooms are very classy and it's up to date with all the desired amenities.

5-6 is happy hour with free. Wine and beer tasting :)

Only issue I had was tv control seems to work well from a distance but tv is not something I care about so it was fine. The staff was excellent and each person has a speciality about the city which was really cool.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Covington, Washington
Reviewed January 18, 2014

It is unfortunate that during the 'high' season, I choose other lodgings in the area in order to save my company's expense dollar. Otherwise, I'd always stay at the RiverPlace. From the doorman to the bartender, each staff member understands how to make a guest welcome.

California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

You will like every thing about this Hotel. The rooms are nice, the service is great, the food is good,coffee in the morning, wine in the evening. We have been staying at this hotel for a convention every year. The convention has moved across town but we still stay at this hotel. Not just one group but all the old timers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us even though your convention have moved further away, we really appreciate the loyalty and you taking the time to post a review.

Vashon, Washington
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have used RiverPlace for lodging many times over the past 10 years, although not so much for the past few years due to different business needs. The staff had always shown high levels of personal care and hospitality, and I am happy to report that becoming a Kimpton Hotel has, if anything, moved this up another knotch. The social grace and attention to detail shown to me while resolving a minor bar-billing error convinced me that this fine hotel retains the mantle of excellence I had come to expect. Stay here if you can. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: River-view rooms are delightful. Interiors and bathrooms have been completely re-done in the past f...