“K-9 Luxury Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Klamath Falls, Oregon
“K-9 Luxury Hotel”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Shasta our Labrador is treated like a real human, its so nice to be able to sit by the fire in the front lobby and have a drink with our pup, and having the convince of being able to walk her on the Willamette walkway is a plus. The rooms are very nice, beds as mentioned excellent as well as the food.

We have the ability to stay @ my brothers townhouse for free, however we choose to stay at the RiverPlace because of its proximity to downtown. The staff pulls out the stops by providing great service and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Water views are spectacular
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Our location is very ideal for our four legged friends. We have a huge park just outside of our front doors and a ton of walking paths nearby so they can stretch their legs. Glad to hear Shasta received the royal treatment!

Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clinton, Washington
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My business travels took me to Portland. I was considering my options when I read reviews of the Kimpton Hotels - RiverPlace Hotel. This, by far, exceeded my expectations.
From the reservation person, to the front desk check-in person - who upgraded my room at no extra fee or issues, which is unheard of in the hotel world. Even on arrrival; the valet greeting was so gracious....the entire staff was first class. Will definitely stay at the RiverPlace when in Portland.
Dined in the Three Degrees Grill for two evenings food was very good.
Will definitely stay at the RiverPlace when in Portland.

Room Tip: Hotel is partner with Oregon Athletic Club one block from Hotel. Very nice Fitness Club. If plannin...
Idaho
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've been a fan of Kimpton Hotels for a long time. They are unusually well run and pleasant hotels. Of the several I've stayed in, River Place is the best. The location is perfect, the rooms are attractive, and the staff extraordinary.

My wife and I were recently there, in part to celebrate her birthday. Prior to our arrival, the hotel contacted me to ask if we were celebrating a particular occasion and when I responded, I was asked if I would like wine and chocolate delivered to our room as part of the celebration. And, indeed, a bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate were awaiting us when we returned to the room on her birthday. Celebrations aside, however, everything at the hotel was impeccable and, again, the staff is superb. I won't stay anywhere else in the future.

Room Tip: High floor and a river view--you'll never want to leave
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cardinal74
Ranking us as one of the best Kimpton’s you have visited is quite the honor! We have so many fantastic hotels in our chain. Thank you for your amazing review and thank you for staying at the RiverPlace.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Thank you for the amazing treatment at your hotel, RiverPlace in Portland. I travel each week for work and most often find the closest Starwood hotel. Needless to say, if there's a Kimpton in my destination city, they will have my business no matter what.

The staff at the River Place were so friendly and receptive. I was in Portland for work and was able to bring my mother with me for the trip. The staff helped her figure out what to do in Portland and how to enjoy the city. The front desk staff were also helpful in figuring out and recommending where to go to dinner.

In addition, the hotel and our rooms were so uniquely decorated. Everything was absolutely beautiful. The character of the hotel made it feel like I was actually staying at home and not at a hotel. The morning coffee and hot chocolate service was also delicious! Finally, I loved seeing that the hotel was collecting toys to donate to children for Christmas. Donating permitted my mother and me to feel like we were really a part of the Portland community.

Thank you so much for having recommended the River Place for my mom and me. I look forward to my next trip to a city with a Kimpton hotel.

Room Tip: The two full bed room was more than enough space for 2 people!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
One of the best review titles ever! Thank you for donating to our toy drive campaign. We have teamed up with Portland MetroToy drive and we will be donating all of the toys our guest and employees have donated in a few weeks. We are thrilled with how many generous guest that have already donated! If you are reading this and plan to visit by December 20th please join us in donating a toy to such a great cause.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I loved my stay at the RiverPlace Hotel and would certainly go back. The staff are very friendly and helped with directions to OHSU, by providing a map and information from TRIMET, the public transport system. The room was perfect for my 7 day stay. The bed and pillows was even more comfortable than my bed at home. The restaurant is wonderful and competes well with local restaurants/bars/cafes. It is well located and within walking distance to public transport and restaurants and cafes. My room was located near the courtyard, and was very quiet, which I certainly appreciated. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: My room was a courtyard room, and was very quiet. It didn't have a view of the river, but that w...
Allen, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Hotel is located on the waterfront of the Willamette River. This would be such a fun place during warmer weather. There is a nice walking jogging trail along the river, with shops and restaurants nearby. Lovely view of the boats! Decor is modern eclectic. Very comfortable beds. Our room came with a very nice table and chairs. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Decor is modern trendy. It was nice there was a good si...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I grew up in Portland but have lived many years down in Los Angeles. I have a very found spot in my heart for the city of Portland, and love everything it has to offer. There are many new hip hotels in the city, but in mind there is nothing better than the RiverPlace. The size of their rooms feel luxarious and spectacular river views. Now I know the new thing in Portland is the Pearl District, and I agree it's a great place for shopping and dinning. However, one of the best features of Downtown Portland is their transportation, and with the street car and bus system you can be anywhere in the city in just minutes for the cost of a $1. I am a huge fan of excellent hotel service and amenities, not to mention I like for my hotel rooms to feel spacious, and RiverPlace Hotel exceeds all expectations. They are also great at offering amazing upgrade deals!

Room Tip: Must stay here and use the streetcar service, for an excellent why to tour Downtown Portland for und...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I couldn’t agree more that the Portland transit system is one of the best if not the best in the country. We are lucky to be so close to the streetcar which can take you about anywhere in the downtown area and into that Pearl District you mentioned. Thank you for coming up and visiting and thanks for the review!