Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
$199
$193
Travelocity
1,792 results
All reviewsthe riverdegrees restaurantrocking chairsathletic cluba river view roomwine hourcomplimentary winewaterfront parkone bedroom suitewonderful hotelbeautiful roomvalet staffclose to downtownvalet parkingthe entire staffhappy hourthe location is perfect
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Thank you for the amazing treatment at your hotel, RiverPlace in Portland. I travel each week for work and most often find the closest Starwood hotel. Needless to say, if there's a Kimpton in my destination city, they will have my business no matter what.

The staff at the River Place were so friendly and receptive. I was in Portland for work and was able to bring my mother with me for the trip. The staff helped her figure out what to do in Portland and how to enjoy the city. The front desk staff were also helpful in figuring out and recommending where to go to dinner.

In addition, the hotel and our rooms were so uniquely decorated. Everything was absolutely beautiful. The character of the hotel made it feel like I was actually staying at home and not at a hotel. The morning coffee and hot chocolate service was also delicious! Finally, I loved seeing that the hotel was collecting toys to donate to children for Christmas. Donating permitted my mother and me to feel like we were really a part of the Portland community.

Thank you so much for having recommended the River Place for my mom and me. I look forward to my next trip to a city with a Kimpton hotel.

Room Tip: The two full bed room was more than enough space for 2 people!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

One of the best review titles ever! Thank you for donating to our toy drive campaign. We have teamed up with Portland MetroToy drive and we will be donating all of the toys our guest and employees have donated in a few weeks. We are thrilled with how many generous guest that have already donated! If you are reading this and plan to visit by December 20th please join us in donating a toy to such a great cause.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I loved my stay at the RiverPlace Hotel and would certainly go back. The staff are very friendly and helped with directions to OHSU, by providing a map and information from TRIMET, the public transport system. The room was perfect for my 7 day stay. The bed and pillows was even more comfortable than my bed at home. The restaurant is wonderful and competes well with local restaurants/bars/cafes. It is well located and within walking distance to public transport and restaurants and cafes. My room was located near the courtyard, and was very quiet, which I certainly appreciated. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: My room was a courtyard room, and was very quiet. It didn't have a view of the river, but that wasn't my priority. My priority was rest.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Hotel is located on the waterfront of the Willamette River. This would be such a fun place during warmer weather. There is a nice walking jogging trail along the river, with shops and restaurants nearby. Lovely view of the boats! Decor is modern eclectic. Very comfortable beds. Our room came with a very nice table and chairs. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Decor is modern trendy. It was nice there was a good size table in the room. This place would be awesome in warmer weather as it is right on the willamette river and you have a wonderful view I Of the boats. Close to shops and restaurants and walking and jogging trails. Very clean!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I grew up in Portland but have lived many years down in Los Angeles. I have a very found spot in my heart for the city of Portland, and love everything it has to offer. There are many new hip hotels in the city, but in mind there is nothing better than the RiverPlace. The size of their rooms feel luxarious and spectacular river views. Now I know the new thing in Portland is the Pearl District, and I agree it's a great place for shopping and dinning. However, one of the best features of Downtown Portland is their transportation, and with the street car and bus system you can be anywhere in the city in just minutes for the cost of a $1. I am a huge fan of excellent hotel service and amenities, not to mention I like for my hotel rooms to feel spacious, and RiverPlace Hotel exceeds all expectations. They are also great at offering amazing upgrade deals!

Room Tip: Must stay here and use the streetcar service, for an excellent why to tour Downtown Portland for under $5.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I couldn’t agree more that the Portland transit system is one of the best if not the best in the country. We are lucky to be so close to the streetcar which can take you about anywhere in the downtown area and into that Pearl District you mentioned. Thank you for coming up and visiting and thanks for the review!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I can't say enough about our three night stay at RiverPlace! Originally we booked our stay to celebrate our 31st Anniversary and then decided to get married in WA because we could! This turned our stay into a Wedding Celebration and the staff at the Hotel were welcoming, kind, resourceful and fun. Our room was updated to a riverfront condo and even our Bichon Frise, Shelly was royally welcomed. The hotel was spotlessly clean, well appointed, and offered an excellent wine tasting with a friendly and very helpful server. We will be returning again and again and will take advantage of the Three Degree's Restaurant next visit.

Room Tip: Riverfront provides an excellent view of the Willamette River and the docks below.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow congratulations on the 31 years! It was a pleasure having you over such a special occasion. Say hi to Shelly for us.