Together with Hotel Marlowe in Boston, the Kimpton River Place in Portland, Oregon is up there with a big 10 or excellent score. The staff at River Place was relaxed and very welcoming and helpful. They gave us (concierge) the direction to the exercise club and swimming pool and provided us with tons of advice. Every morning before we left to go swimming, we had our coffee in the lobby and enjoyed reading the local paper and the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal. What distinguishes the River place is that the staff have a room where you can see art work (hand bags, etc.) that they produce with their own hands and other artifacts from local artisans in Portland. My wife bought a couple of hand bags as Christmas gifts for our grandchildren. We were welcomed by enthusiastic front desk staff that told us that they had upgraded our room to a suite and we were elated with the view of the river that the suite was located at. It was a very comfortable room and the nights (4) that we spent there were the most restful we had ever had in a long time. The wine hour was always very enjoyable and we simply love it because we can speak to other guests and it is a nice way to relax at the end of the afternoon. The food that we had at the Three Degrees restaurant was excellent and we had breakfast and dinner there. The servers in the restaurant made a whole lot of difference because their service was attentive and we did not have to wait for the quality food (especially the herb crusted halibut) we were served. Upon our departure, the concierge got our car, gave us the exact route to follow to get to the I5 and put a couple of fresh bottled water in our car. It can't get any better than this! By the way the location of this hotel is very close to Portland's fabulous Street Car System of public transportation and the hotel is within an easy walking distance of the downtown area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection