“We will be back”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel has it all great front staff beautiful decor central location and pet friendly without extra charge bed was very comfortable and room very spacious riverside king room.
When they say pet friendly means a clean dog bed a biscuit and new toy with steel bowls Wow!!!!!! Vs others that charge extra and you get nothing
This stay was the highlight of a multiple state driving trip

Thanks much!!!!,

Room Tip: Be sure to to select your preferences online ahead of item and it will be waiting for you when you c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WANDERERCalgary
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

As one that travels with my dog often I never did understand charging extra for a pet especially if they are well behaved. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and all of the dog amenities that came along with it. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

RiverPlace Hotel and their welcoming staff are the main reason we visit Portland, OR. We love the river view from our room, the complimentary bikes (and helmets) with the nearby bike paths and the 5:00 happy hour with complimentary wine, beer and goodies. We have never met a more friendly hotel staff and we look forward to our visit (or two) every year! We have never had a bad meal at the hotel restaurant. The location of the hotel to everything you want to see and do in Portland is perfect! Last but not least.... The rocking chairs on the patio are a nice touch!

Room Tip: River front is our favorite.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Douie

Thank you for your kind words about our staff! I am so lucky to have a staff that cares so much. I will be sure to share your review with the entire team at our next luncheon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed at the RiverPlace on the Willamette River twice and so pleased with both visits that we already booked next stay? Love the location, amenities and rooms. Everyone is so welcoming, friendly, pleasant and very helpful with special requests. Thank you RiverPlace for making our visits so comfortable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. I travel a lot and found this hotel to have the best service of probably any hotel I have been in....including Four Seasons in a few places. They said yes to everything. They were super friendly which made our kids feel welcome. The hotel must have purchased a small apartment complex right next door which they use for Suites. There are only 2 that are 2 bedrooms...one on the 2nd floor above a Spa and one above that on the third floor. We stayed in both since we began and ended our trip in Portland. The top one is quieter because you can't hear anyone walking above you, but the King bedroom was a little warmer than the Queen bedroom...something about the air. They have a balcony, full kitchen, 6 seat dining table, washer/dryer, single cup coffee pots (4 cups ones upon request), blender, dishwasher, etc. they even provide Tide, Bounce and Cascade. It was Perfect!!!!! Would stay here for every visit!!!! Kids also loved the gold fish ( upon request) in the room and special kids pack they gave them.

• Stayed: August 2013

I love hearing our service is being compared to a Four Seasons. That is one nice compliment! Thank you for staying with us and thanks for the amazing review.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here a few years back and want to go again. Ambience along the river, the rooms, the hearty breakfast all relaxing, inviting. Cool thing is also that you don't need a car once you get there. Easy transport to downtown Portland. Can't recall if you need a car to get to the rose gardens but that's when we went (June) if you're a gardner. Thinking fall might be nice to revisit. A good getaway from Seattle. Note: We went June a few years back, but TA wouldn't let me choose prior to 2012. Good they stay current.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Well we would love to have you back. We have remodeled the entire hotel while you were away and we can’t wait for you to checkout our new digs. The fall in Portland can be an excellent time to visit although those roses may not be in full bloom anymore we will be sure to show you a good time.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Actually, it isn't a surprise that the Riverplace is a great place to stay. After all, it is another Kimpton. As my usual haunt was fully booked, I took the (risk) of stayingat Riverplace. Fortuitously, a last minute deal opened up the same weekend as my friend's birthday party so off I went down to Portland. Locationwise, the hotel rests on the banks of the Willamette. With the weather as it was, Three Degrees was a fantastic place to dine outside overlooking the water. The food was great, the service excellent, the view perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. As an intouch member, I was upgraded without even asking for an upgrade. The room was surprisingly spacy and comfortable and not as stuffy as I was lead to believe by others. The best part of this visit was, of course, the professional and super courteous staff. One even remembered me from a visit six months ago. I highly recommend Riverplace if you want something just outside the hustle of downtown but within arm's reach.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ki C
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We are so glad you took the risk and really enjoyed the service and location. Hopefully we can becoming your go to hotel when visiting Portland. Cheers!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I traveled with a group for my destination wedding, ALL of my guests raved about the staff, service, and food at The RiverPlace. The rooms were beautiful, beds very comfortable, and staff so very helpful to us, many of my guests had never been to the area before.

We also traveled with a couple of children, and found the hotel to be very accommodating; the hotel offers free movie rentals and toy rentals.

To top it all off, the location is fabulous. You are walking distance to plenty of shops and restaurants.

Honestly, my family and I have no complaints about our stay, and will definitely stay at The RiverPlace on our next trip to Portland.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MackenzieRK

Thank you for the acknowledgment of being kid friendly. I am a father of a 2 year old and I know how difficult it can be to travel with children. We have worked hard at becoming more kid friendly and I am so glad that your family enjoyed the movies and games. We will be rolling out s’mores hour soon which is always a great hit with the kids. Hope to see you soon!