The service at RiverPlace, from the valet parking, bellman, front desk, room service, restaurant staff, and even the engineer to speedily repair the room safe, was excellent and comparable with, and often exceeded, service at such hotels as our local Four Seasons. We upgraded to a river view room, and while does not have items such as a five piece bath, was very comfortable, well appointed, and clean. The bed is very comfortable and the blinds blocked the sun well. The room was quiet, we rarely heard anyone, though we were on the fourth (top) floor. The hotel restaurant Three Degrees is superb, we dined with them for breakfasts and a dinner. Recommend highly, well priced and the plating excellent. The staff was friendly, providing great service and we enjoyed our stay. The Blues Festival was taking place next door to the hotel, which we did not know of upon booking and arrival, but the staff handled the onslaught with aplomb we and we barely noticed the affects other than busy restrooms in the lobby and an energetic bar scene. The upside was that we dined on the patio while Robert Plant performed the final night. There are many fine dining opportunities in walking distance, depending on whether you go half a block along the water to Vie, a fine small French bistro, or 2.5 miles to venture across the river and thru great vaired neighborhoods to the incredible Thai experience that is Pok Pok. Additionally a few blocks away into the city is Veritable Quandry, a gastro-pub with an extensive Oregonian wine list and serving to 10pm, it was recommended by David the valet (thank you!) and we were grateful for his counsel. We look forward to visiting again, and thanks to everyone including the staff who left all the chocolates in our room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection