I booked through Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts. The perks were an upgrade to a river view room. 4:00 P.M. checkout, free breakfast and one dinner. Not a fan of the dining room (sorry to look a gift-horse in the mouth) but I will review that (called three degrees) separately.
The hotel is too small to have a dedicated bellman staff, so the valets split duty. There was noone to open the cab door or take the bags. Can carry a bag, but that was odd at the second highest rated hotel in Portland (the other one is also a Klimpton.
The staff was nice. The elevators are low and jerky. That needs to be fixed. The room was clean and nicely laid out. The blackout curtains are good and you need them because the west facing room gets full unrelenting morning sun. Some up and down shades inside the curtains would be nice.
The rooms are designed to look like a ship and there is a poem on the do not disturb tab about how ships are the closest thing to dreams human hands can build. They have a headboard that wraps around one entire wall in tufted burgundy faux leather. It looks like a 70's steakhouse which is fine. I love 70's steakhouses. There are these dumb like lamps the size of wastepaper basket hanging over bedside tables two people could eat off and a totally out of place 70's mirrored chest of drawers. Its not offensive, but it could be updated. The pool is a health club that looks like it was a YMCA in the 70's
The location makes it all worthwhile and the price was very reasonable $ 290 a night. It is in a park on the river and it fits in with the eclectic parkland style. It was nice, but had a few quirks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection