Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
$343
$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
$178
Travelocity
1,785 results
All reviewsthe riverdegrees restaurantrocking chairsathletic cluba river view roomwine hourcomplimentary winewaterfront parkone bedroom suitewonderful hotelbeautiful roomvalet staffclose to downtownvalet parkingthe entire staffhappy hourthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just spend the weekend in Portland at this excellent hotel. The room was spacious and modern with a great view. The location is a bit out of the way but beautifully situated on the waterfront, but it is close to public transit and within waking distance from most everything. Our favourite thing about this hotel was the service from the outstanding staff. They were all exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Maya, Jamie and Hallie in particular went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Amazing! Thanks for mentioning the employees who provided exceptional service by name in your review the recognition means a lot. Thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Was debating about staying at this hotel but got a room on Priceline for $119 so that made my decision for me! Whenever I get a room on Priceline, I am always curious to see how the staff treats me...the staff here are 100% courteous and was pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness.
Beds were soft and linens were nice...we had a King bed room but we were able to get a roll-away for the two kids and that worked out perfectly! The bathroom had a large, deep tub and removable shower. Two adult terrycloth robes and two child-sized ones were made available to us during our stay (nice touch)
Everything seemed very NEW and clean.
Coffee in the morning was decent but being able to sit by the fireplace in the lobby while reading the Oregonian was relaxing and cozy. I was able to borrow one of the hotel bicycles, free of charge, and headed down for a supreme cup of Stumptown coffee and explored the city on bike for awhile.
The family and I walked for miles and if I had any complaint I would say the location is a bit out of the way...BUT that is also part of its charm.
All I can say is, they have a loyal customer in me! Now that I have stayed here, I am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

It’s sad to think a guest would be treated differently depending on how they reserved their guestroom. All hotels use 3rd party sites from time to time and the staff should recognize that every guest is equally important. Heck~ as you just mentioned you are now a loyal guest and from the sound of things you most likely would not have found us if it wasn’t for Priceline. Thanks for sharing your review!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've stayed five times at the RiverPlace Hotel over the last four years and with a change of ownership to Klimpton this hotel remains one of the best, still continuing a high standard of service and appointments. The staff is helpful and inviting as others here commented, the complimentary happy hour for guests serves excellent wines and hors d'oeuvre, the bar is well attended by locals and the restaurant is surprisingly good because it exceeds the usual hotel restaurant with local produce and seasonal dishes prepared by an excellent chef. The hotel's location next to the park and on the riverfront of southwest Portland allows you walking convenience to downtown, and the exceptional restaurant Veritable Quandary (VQ) is a few minutes' walk from the hotel, as is the no. 4 bus stop for the bus across the river and to the Woodsman Tavern on SE Division Street, not a "tavern" but a bistro serving some of the best food and cocktails in Portland.

The RiverPlace Hotel is a true boutique hotel and a good experience, and Portland has graduated to being one of the best cities in the US for dining cheap or high as you choose. A good match.

Room Tip: The quality of the room does not vary by location, only the scenery.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ScottLoar

Fantastic review ScottLoar. Not only did you cover the RiverPlace experience you also reviewed my three favorite restaurants!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend in Portland recently and this is the hotel we chose. At this point, we have stayed and nearly all of the Kimpton Hotels and this is definitely one of my favorites. The downside - location, location, location. This location is easy walking distance to a street car stop and little else. The plus - service, comfort, cleanliness, and good food. Are staying in the room or are you spending tons of time in the downtown area. If the former - pick this place. Later? Try the other Portland Kimpton - Monaco for a more central location.

Room Tip: The hotel is only 3-4 stories high. Know that if you choose a water view room you are likely to get "trail noise". For us it was not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying especially because we paid a price premium for the water view. My suggestion is to save the 20$/night and enjoy the water by walking the path.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey I can’t argue with keeping it in the Kimpton family. If you want the downtown core or a great Riverview we got you covered. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was very impressed by our stay at this hotel. The staff was so friendly and eager to help. Everyone seemed to appreciate the job and our business with the hotel, which was a welcome change. We never left without being asked if we needed directions, and anything we requested was addressed promptly. For example, when we had an issue involving a remote control that didn't work, the staff that brought the replacement not only came immediately, but he was friendly - and remembered my dog's name when he saw us in the lobby the next day.

The hotel was impeccably clean. The room had no issues, and the bathroom looked brand new. I am not sure the last time I stayed in a hotel with such clean bathrooms. That is very important to me. Also, the shower had a removable and adjustable head, which is great, especially for tall people like us.

Kimpton Hotels are always the best, with the happy hour and coffee in the mornings, and I highly recommend joining their loyalty program for perks like "Raid the Mini Bar" and free Internet access. Most of all, though, Kimptons - River Place included - are SO pet friendly! I love being able to bring my small dog with me and not be charged a large extra fee. And everyone seemed to genuinely like animals. A truly pet friendly hotel makes me feel at home.

The only suggestion I would make to the hotel is to install some type of device that prevents the doors from slamming on their own. We accidentally slammed our door a couple of times because it lacked the mechanism that slows down the door. This was only problematic at night and early morning, as neighbors occasionally woke me up slamming the door. But since the hotel was SO quiet overall, I can't really complain.

Room Tip: Courtyard views offer no view. The courtyard is very small, so your room just looks into room across from you. If you are looking for a view, opt for a city or river view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple