I've had two trips to RiverPlace in the last month, and I'll be there again soon. I work in Portland but live elsewhere, so I'll be coming back regularly. My last stay was for five nights, and I have nothing but great things to say. The entire staff is supremely friendly, and greeted me warmly every time I walked in the doors. They were profession and very quick to respond to any needs.
The rooms have been very quiet, and very comfortable. They are nicely appointed, but not outlandish/modern like other Kimptons. This is a good thing, in my opinion. The rooms have a very soft, cozy feeling that helped me feel at 'home' during my stay. The beds are incredibly comfortable!
The restaurant and lounge both offer excellent, reasonably priced meals. The lounge is more affordable than the regular dining room, but neither is inappropriately priced. The food was excellent. The beer selections were limited but excellent, and they had a nice assortment of whiskeys.
The location is unbeatable. Right next to downtown, but on the river. To me, that means it's an easy walk to work, but at night I felt like I was on vacation. There's lots of things within walking distance, or borrow a bike for free and cruise around.
The best part? Walking in the door a little after 5pm after a stressful day of work to be greeted by a smiling wine steward holding a glass of complimentary wine in my direction!
Well done, RiverPlace. I can't wait to be back in a few weeks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland's city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed - RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection