$225
$127
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

Hotel deLuxe(Portland)
$263
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
$145
$195
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
1,833 results
All reviewswillamette riverdegrees restaurantriver placerocking chairsathletic cluba river view roomthe river walkwine hourcomplimentary wineone bedroom suitebeautiful roomclose to downtownvalet staffwonderful hotelvalet parkingfavorite hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed 1 night for business. Very nice hotel off the beaten path, along a nice riding/walking by the river. Room was large and clean, room service was pretty good. The employees were very helpful and friendly, and one guy even made me a cup of coffee at 5am. I wish I had more time in Portland, seems like a cool place. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Tessa K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your visit! We hope that you find a reason to come back to Portland and visit us. It is such a great place to explore any time of year.

Warmest Regards,

Tessa Keleher
Director of Rooms
RiverPlace, A Kimpton Hotel

Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the warm welcome at the front desk to the complimentary goodies for me and my daughter's visiting puppy this was the best visit ever at the RiverPlace. I have stayed here many times since 2005 and the Kimpton staff are now in the groove after a rocky few missteps my last visit which occurred during the management transition from Larkspur to Kimpton. The RiverPlace is back as my #1 - no small feat as I have just returned from a visit to NYC, arguably the most sophisticated city in the world. RiverPlace has retained all the charm of its setting, the friendliness of Portland and increased its attention to detail and personalized service. They got me a rent a car within 15 minutes of my request. And sitting by the fire, watching the river traffic, the city lights and sipping a glass of wine in my one bedroom suite is a memory I will cherish and hope to repeat! Hot coffee or cocoa in the lobby in the morning if you want, wine tasting and appetizers at night - just perfect whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. Thank you RiverPlace for a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are absolutely honored to be back on your #1 list. Thanks for returning and allowing us the opportunity.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I came to the RIverPlace Hotel with my close friends for a book club overnight. We have been choosing nice hotels in Portland or Seattle for many years for our annual overnight together. Staying at the RiverPlace was the best experience we have had at any of the nice boutique or luxery hotels we have chosen over the last ten years.

Each staff person from the hotel we came across (valet, front desk, housekeeping, concierge) was extremely thoughtful and gracious, and they made every effort to make our time together special. Extra touches included a handwritten note in our room, complimentary wine for all guests, thoughtful dinner recommendations, not to mention a great health club and bikes for borrowing for a ride along the river. The lovely rooms had beautiful views, excellent beds and very quiet. We had one of the suites, and it had everything in it to make our weekend away relaxing and special. The in and out valet, made our side trips to different part of the town easy and quick there were nice restaurants within walking distance as well. Watching the river from our room made it real vacation and we left feeling truly pampered. We have decided we will be back here next year.

Room Tip: The water view is extra special.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Andrea E
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Sounds like it was a team effort by all departments to make your visit with us so enjoyable. We love that you will be back next year. But why wait so long?

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the RiverPlace during a convention in October 2012. The staff was welcoming and excellent. They made every effort to assist us with any questions and offer advice. It was more than that, though: the staff welcomed questions and seemed to be genuinely delighted to dispense advice. The staff were easily the best part of our stay (excluding, naturally, the joy of Portland food carts).

- Location - We found the location to be excellent in two parts! The hotel is adjacent to the Willamette River. There is an excellent network of pathways along the river for bikes (and everyone else). Secondly, we enjoyed the convenience of a straight shot from the hotel to the US26 and a straight shot back from the 26 (which we did every day to visit friends). The hotel is close to local transportation (max and street car loop). Easy access to Powell's and more.
Safety note - Portland is a City and keeping aware of your surroundings is as important here as in any urban area. No need to be afraid, be cautious about walking alone along the river. The transient population seemed to increase as one heads north - especially in the Burnside area. The hotel staff can give you a sense of any areas to avoid after dark.

- Room - Our incredibly comfortable and stylish room was on the second floor with a courtyard view. There is a wine reception each afternoon in the Courtyard. The courtyard has some nice plantings and pergolas - they help with privacy and make a for a pleasant view. The doors were heavier/thicker than most. We never heard anyone outside the room. The room was a single King, standard (no kitchen) with plenty of extra space to spread out with our 2 large dogs. The bathroom was tiled and modern, with excellent complimentary products (the quality is so good, it's worth mentioning). The bed was excellent, but the pillows...ahhh - the best pillows ever. Room also had a nice flat screen; plenty of good lighting; nice walking tour maps; good Portland city guides.

- The only drawback - Not a crisis by any standard, but the minifridge which was stocked with bar items leaving little room for personal beverages.

**Dog Friendly** Kimpton hotels have an excellent pet policy (accept all size of dogs; no pet fee). There were treats at the desk and in our room. Plenty of space in the standard rooms for 2 large dogs to spread out. We found the modern bathroom faucet not the easiest for rinsing dog bowls (splurge for a kitchen if you can). The large grassy area adjacent to the hotel seems an oasis, but for those with indiscriminating pooches beware the abundance of goose poop. We were especially grateful to the valets for their patience as we loaded and unloaded gear and dogs (one of us did not have to attend the meetings).

Everything you would expect from a Kimpton Hotel, and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Dog travelers: choose a room with a kitchen for rinsing bowls et al if you are staying for a length of time.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2LeoTravels
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Portland for business: The Heathman, The Governor Hotel, Hotel Modera to name a few. This was my first stay at the Kimpton's RiverPlace Hotel. I absolutely enjoyed it. The room was very comfortable, spacious, clean and the interior was terrific, not to mention the view. If you get there by 5, enjoy the complimentary wine bar happy hour...a plus indeed. I also liked the idea that a bicycle was available if you wanted to bike down the river walk.
A handful of restaurants are within walking distance too.
Because I was traveling solo, I felt safe in this hotel and enjoyed the fireplaces down stairs and the comfortable seating. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank PrintGreen
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Very nice review! We are in with some great company when it comes to the hotels you have previously visited. We hope to keep you as our loyal guest from here on out.