1,847 results
All reviewswillamette riverdegrees restaurantriver placerocking chairsathletic cluba river view roomthe river walkwine hourcomplimentary winevalet staffbeautiful roomclose to downtownwonderful hotelvalet parkingthe entire staffhappy hourfull kitchen
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Yes the facilities are very cool - beautifully designed, where comfort is not sacrificed to style and both are outstanding. And yes the amenities are great - high-quality linens, personal care products, nice selection in honor bar, thoughtful touches everywhere designed for our well being. But it's the service, the people, who are the standouts. Caring, professional, attentive, responsive. We were there for a few days for a local workshop. Unfortunately, we got brutally sick with the awful stomach flu sweeping the country and couldn't even leave our room. I can't tell you how helpful and compassionate everyone was. Bring us anything we needed (often at no charge), giving suggestions to help us feel better. When one of us had to leave the room, asking if we were feeling better. Everyone, everyone was amazing. That kind of caring attention only comes from an organization where everyone is chosen with that in mind, trained and encouraged to express that kind of concern for its guests. We will never stay anywhere else in Portland. We want to come back and say hi to everyone again. And we have no doubt they will remember us. It's that kind of experience.

Room Tip: The king executive suite is wonderful, like a small apartment. Very convenient. And the windows open for fresh air!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Truly amazing comments about our staff and the service they all provide day in and day out. Thank you so much for sharing.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Second stay and I will be back soon!
They are on top of every detail. For example:
-handwritten note from housekeeping
-box of delicate chocolates at turndown
-and yes, they do a turndown!
-did not touch front door during my stay, they are all over it, with a smile
-valets appear immediately on arrival
-cars come up quickly when requested
-French doors on riverfront rooms actually open
-posted in elevator to let guests know about the #9 rating in US (Reader's Choice on Tripadvisor), and a high ranking of Kimpton as an employer. Yes, guests do notice, and do like to know this kind of thing about their lodging choice.

Tiny nitpicks are all I can find to improve:
-bathroom needs a night light
-toilet paper roller is very hard to reach, in awkward position...ergonomic check of that would do wonders!

If you are in Portland anywhere other than a Kimpton, why? They are the best in town. One of these days, RiverPlace is going to displace Monaco as #1 in Portland!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Riverplace Hotel is our hotel of choice every time we stay in Portland. You can have a beautiful view of the Willamette River and be right on the riverfront with your choice of many cafe's and restaurants within just a few blocks walking distance. The city of Portland is just a couple blocks away while at the same time you are able to walk the entire riverfront. It is charming and quiet and comfortable unlike hotels where you have to listen to city noises. The staff is fantastic. The rooms are great and the beds are the best. I loved that they added a complimentary happy hour in their "living room" from 5-6 o'clock. There are cookies every night also. We were there on business and have never had a problem getting extra chairs, microwave or anything we needed. We will always go back to the Riverplace even if business does not require it.

Room Tip: I love the 4th floor (highest) facing the river. We chose a King suite for business since we would be having people meeting in our room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here one night with my husband and sister after surgery to treat a cancerous tumor in my eye. When we arrived they were so helpful, getting me a wheelchair and helping with all of our baggage needed for my overnight care. The room was very clean. Something that was extremely important especially after surgery. The bed was so cozy and comfortable. We all found our stay to be exactly what we needed after such a physically and emotionally demanding week of surgeries and cancer treatments. After I am able to travel again my husband and I are planning on returning to enjoy some r&r. Thanks to all the staff that were so attentive during our medical crisis.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Spottedprincess
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I am so happy to hear that our staff and accommodations provided a peaceful place to relax after your surgery. I want you to contact me directly when you return so we can make your next trip a memorable one.

Ryan

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I really can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel! I had stumbled across it "by accident" having decided fairly last minute that I wanted to take a trip to Portland. Got the room for a great rate on Priceline, and after staying at this hotel, I can honestly say it was a steal! The hotel is located directly on the Willamette River downtown, not only did this mean that the hotel had great views of the water and the interesting bridges that cross the river, but it was also very quiet. The girl who checked us in was lovely (I can't remember her name for certain which I feel awful about, but I think it was Nadia or something similar). Anyways, she was genuinely friendly when she was checking us in, and offered us an upgrade to an executive suite, as we needed two beds. Our room had a separate bedroom, a pull-out sofa, and a great view of the river! I also got a $10 minibar credit for being an InTouch member. The room was extremely spacious, had a great bathroom, and the bed was amazingly comfortable! The one thing that really stood out about this hotel was the level of service their associates go out of the way to provide! Our housekeeper left me a handwritten note on my bed, along with a chocolate saying to "have a great day!". I've worked (and stayed) in several hotels before, and I have never seen such a personal touch to the service. All the associates were like this too, from the bell staff, to the front desk agents, to the bartenders - everything was lovely! One really cool thing they do in this hotel is a nightly wine reception, which was a great way to wind down the afternoon, and get your evening started! I'm definitely staying at this hotel again - no question about it! Thanks RiverPlace!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank joecdn

Oh you are so very welcome! I am loving your comments about our staff. I will be sure to share them with everyone at our next all hotel meeting. Hope to see you again soon.