“Looking Forward to our stay”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I just finished reading some of your reviews and am very excited to be staying here this coming weekend 11/30/12. I work for HiLine Homes and know that customer service is of the utmost importance and after reading the above reviews I am sure this place will be perfect for our Workshop/Seminar and Annual Company Employee Appreciation Dinner. Also looking forward to relaxing in the King Deluxe Room that has been reserved for my husband and I. Very nice pictures on line. See you Friday!!
Carolyn Gonzalez

Room Tip: I will add a new review after our stay. Thank you!
Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had to rush to Portland for a business meeting. Arrived in a nasty storm (rain & wind) and was pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome and the cosy atmosphere of the RiverPlace Hotel. Got a nice room with a river view and had a great dinner at the bar. From the moment you walk in to the check out, you feel welcome and cared for. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Get a river view if available. Even in the rain, it is relaxing!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ogachot
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

That storm was something else! Glad to hear you made it safely and that the staff took such great care of you. A warm welcome is one of the most important things we can do. See you soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Second time back here with children in tow. Have stayed in the "townhouse" style suites with fireplace, kitchen, dining room, washer dryer.... The rooms also come in two bedroom suites which we couldn't get but would have been perfect! They need a little updating as far as bathroom and electronics (tv, phone) but if your looking for space with an awesome view of river port, walking/jogging trail and fabulous service, this is the place. Kids menu 4.00!! Fast, fast service! Not over the top or stuffy, just friendly and understanding. Thry told me they will be updating in Feb 2013, I can't wait to see what they do. Wouldn't stay anywhere else with kids for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank memphomomma
Tessa K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to see you all the next time you are in town. We certianly hope you love our new look just as much as we do!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family and sister's family (a total of 4 adults and 3 young children <5 years old) stayed 7 nights in a two bedroom suite at the RiverPlace Hotel. The accommodations were wonderful, the staff were extremely responsive and helpful. It was truly a great experience. The view of the river was great, and it's location in the city is the best of both worlds, as you are close enough to walk and take public transit most places in the city, but being on the river also gives you something great to look at an enjoy at your footsteps.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites are converted condo's, they are great for extended stays or large famil...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Tessa K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled that your entire family enjoyed your stay here at the RiverPlace. We hope to see you all again the next time you get together here in Portland.

Room Director
RiverPlace A Kimpton Hotel

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Booked a 1 bedroom condo for 2 nights. Get to Portland and it is pouring rain. Desk clerk & another person showed us to our room. Also another gentleman brought our luggage to our room. Service was excellent. Room was starting to show a little wear but not bad. Liked having a kitchen. Also for future reference there was a washer/dryer combo & the hotel provided Tide & Bounce for 2 loads! Would stay here again. View from the room of the river was nice. Area was also very quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Yes, we do read our reviews and we appreciate all of the feedback very much. I am so happy to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your visit. They are truly some of the best in the business.

We are looking forward to refreshing our decor during the New Year and hope that you will be back to check us out the next time you are visiting the City of Roses.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I chose to visit Portland to celebrate her 60th birthday. The Pacific Northwest, the Seatle area and the Puget Sound, has always been a favorite but somehow we had not checked out Portland in our travels. The staff at RiverPlace made this adventure absolutely perfect. There are phenomenal views of the river and the city from its rooms, the restuarant on premises is wonderful, and the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on the staff is unparalleled in our travel experiences. We will most definitely be coming back to Portland soon and will stay at RiverPlace without a doubt!

Room Tip: River view suites looking over the marina are phenomenal.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review... and Happy Birthday!

I am so excited to hear that you chose to spend such a special time with us and that our staff made it even more special.

We hope that you will be back to visit us the next time you find yourselves exploring the Great North West.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am happy to share my thoughts about RiverPlace so that others can enjoy this hotel as I have. I have stayed there on four different occasions over the last 2 years - my last visit was in Nov 2012. Anyway, this is probably my favorite hotel overall. I like the design of all the rooms which is unlike most hotels. Super clean rooms, very comforable. All of the staff are top notch and they go so far out of their way to help you I cannot believe it. They have a really great bar, and the food is really great. I know I can always count on a great experience which is why when I visit Portland, I will only stay at the RiverPlace. It is in a great location, with lots of interesting places to walk with shops and restaurants along the way. Also, the rooms all have nice views and is quiet!! I can actually get some sleep there. Best Regards!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room there yet as most have an interesting view. Rooms looking into the cour...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so happy that our staff in both the restaurant and the hotel took such great care of you during your visits and I agree that the view doesn't get much better.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!