“Family friendly and wonderful service”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
ElvisCountry
“Family friendly and wonderful service”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Second time back here with children in tow. Have stayed in the "townhouse" style suites with fireplace, kitchen, dining room, washer dryer.... The rooms also come in two bedroom suites which we couldn't get but would have been perfect! They need a little updating as far as bathroom and electronics (tv, phone) but if your looking for space with an awesome view of river port, walking/jogging trail and fabulous service, this is the place. Kids menu 4.00!! Fast, fast service! Not over the top or stuffy, just friendly and understanding. Thry told me they will be updating in Feb 2013, I can't wait to see what they do. Wouldn't stay anywhere else with kids for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank memphomomma
Tessa K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to see you all the next time you are in town. We certianly hope you love our new look just as much as we do!

RiverPlace, A Kimpton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family and sister's family (a total of 4 adults and 3 young children <5 years old) stayed 7 nights in a two bedroom suite at the RiverPlace Hotel. The accommodations were wonderful, the staff were extremely responsive and helpful. It was truly a great experience. The view of the river was great, and it's location in the city is the best of both worlds, as you are close enough to walk and take public transit most places in the city, but being on the river also gives you something great to look at an enjoy at your footsteps.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom, 2 bath suites are converted condo's, they are great for extended stays or large famil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tessa K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled that your entire family enjoyed your stay here at the RiverPlace. We hope to see you all again the next time you get together here in Portland.

Room Director
RiverPlace A Kimpton Hotel
San Jose, California
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Booked a 1 bedroom condo for 2 nights. Get to Portland and it is pouring rain. Desk clerk & another person showed us to our room. Also another gentleman brought our luggage to our room. Service was excellent. Room was starting to show a little wear but not bad. Liked having a kitchen. Also for future reference there was a washer/dryer combo & the hotel provided Tide & Bounce for 2 loads! Would stay here again. View from the room of the river was nice. Area was also very quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Yes, we do read our reviews and we appreciate all of the feedback very much. I am so happy to hear that our staff took such great care of you during your visit. They are truly some of the best in the business.

We are looking forward to refreshing our decor during the New Year and hope that you will be back to check us out the next time you are visiting the City of Roses.

Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I chose to visit Portland to celebrate her 60th birthday. The Pacific Northwest, the Seatle area and the Puget Sound, has always been a favorite but somehow we had not checked out Portland in our travels. The staff at RiverPlace made this adventure absolutely perfect. There are phenomenal views of the river and the city from its rooms, the restuarant on premises is wonderful, and the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone on the staff is unparalleled in our travel experiences. We will most definitely be coming back to Portland soon and will stay at RiverPlace without a doubt!

Room Tip: River view suites looking over the marina are phenomenal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review... and Happy Birthday!

I am so excited to hear that you chose to spend such a special time with us and that our staff made it even more special.

We hope that you will be back to visit us the next time you find yourselves exploring the Great North West.

Warm Regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am happy to share my thoughts about RiverPlace so that others can enjoy this hotel as I have. I have stayed there on four different occasions over the last 2 years - my last visit was in Nov 2012. Anyway, this is probably my favorite hotel overall. I like the design of all the rooms which is unlike most hotels. Super clean rooms, very comforable. All of the staff are top notch and they go so far out of their way to help you I cannot believe it. They have a really great bar, and the food is really great. I know I can always count on a great experience which is why when I visit Portland, I will only stay at the RiverPlace. It is in a great location, with lots of interesting places to walk with shops and restaurants along the way. Also, the rooms all have nice views and is quiet!! I can actually get some sleep there. Best Regards!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room there yet as most have an interesting view. Rooms looking into the cour...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great review! I am so happy that our staff in both the restaurant and the hotel took such great care of you during your visits and I agree that the view doesn't get much better.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work, and I've never had such a wonderful hotel experience as I did with RiverPlace. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the hotel is located right on the beautiful Willamette River. It's in a perfect location to go on a walk or run along the river, and it's close to public transportation. There are all sorts of special aspects to RiverPlace, like the free coffee hour in the morning and wine hour in the evening, but the best part is by far the wonderful staff. Everyone is genuinely caring, from the front desk staff helping with directions around the city, printing, you name it to the cleaning staff who leave a nice note and chocolates on your bed after cleaning the room. This hotel is truly exceptional!

Room Tip: Make sure to sign up for InTouch to get credit in the room minibar!
1 Thank Michelle H
Wow, what a review! Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying at the RiverPlace and all of the great perks that come along with it. I do totally agree with you in regards to our staff. They are the best in the business and we are so lucky to have all of them working with us.

Thank you again and we ALL look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,

Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was travelling on business and arrived in Portland on a Saturday evening my colleagues were not due to arrive until the next evening.
The welcome I received was wonderful, invited to the wine tasting and when I came down for that I was made to feel so at home they knew I was alone and I felt completely part of the group immediately.
I also ate alone in the restaurant that evening. Excellent food and service and again made to feel completley comfortable.
When in Portland I will now stay no where else

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
1 Thank JillD202
Thank you for your great review. I am so glad that our staff gave you such a warm welcome... and I am sure that the glass of wine was a great treat as well. We are so happy to hear that you will be staying with us again the next time you are in Portland.

See you soon,