“Very Nice Stay”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a very nice stay here. Even though the weather was typical for this time of year the Hotel staff was very accommodating and informative. From check in to check out everything went very well. It was unexpected that the telephone rang within 15 minutes upon entering the room asking me if all was well and if I needed anything, it was very professional touch. They had an evening wine and beer tasting event. Later that evening a knock at the door brought another surprise, a hotel staffer again asking me if we needed anything thing and handed me a small box of chocolate. This time I needed two spoons and he went and was back in a flash with spoons. The room was spacious and we really liked the river view. I would like to go back and experience the Hotel during the summer time. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. We look forward to returning. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

We would love to have you back in the summer or you can always visit us again in the fall and winter months and live like a local. We don’t let a little rain stop us from having fun! We really appreciate your review and business. Thank you.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Location,comfort,staff with friendly professionalism, unsurpassed. I purchased a new car while a guest, the whole staff shared in my pleasure. We enjoyed the happy hour menu as well as the great breakfast.The restaurant suggestions as well as all the directions given us were top notch. Thanks to all the staff.

Room Tip: Right on the river walk, quiet, lovely watching all the walkers with their dogs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Wow that is some compliment coming from someone that has traveled professionally! Thanks for taking the time to provide us your feedback, it means a lot to us.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

How can you beat a pet friendy hotel in the city with lots of green area around. That is great but what really puts it over the top is the friendly staff who makes you and your dog feel welcome. And it has beautiful views and luxurious rooms and a fine restaurant. Also only a short walk to VQ which is one of Portland's best restaurants. Couldn't ask for any more.....other than a longer stay.

Room Tip: he river views are fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We appreciate the review and appreciate you bringing the dog. Our staff just loves dogs, we even offer pet sitting service while you go enjoy a meal or an event around town. Let’s stay longer next time!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I absolutely love Kimpton hotels and was thrilled to find one downtown right on the river when planning a trip with my daughter to tour some local colleges. RiverPlace was perfect for us - professionally run with a personal approach in a great location. The staff makes you feel like you are their only guest and are thrilled to work to meet your needs. The on-site restaurant and room service were fantastic, as were the housekeeping and front desk teams. They proactively left directions in the room to a school we were visiting and also called the room to remind us that I had free wireless from my Kimpton membership if we signed in a certain way and removed the charge from our bill. Amazing service!

Portland is a long way from Massachusetts, and I look forward to it being our home away from home if my daughter attends one of the beautiful schools we visited. Thank you so much to the staff for making our stay so pleasurable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

All of the RiverPlace employees were asked what they are a local expert at. It ranges from local foodie, music scene, to running expert. What they choose is even on their nametag. I am so excited you took advantage of our local experts and their incredible knowledge of Portland. If you were wondering I am a local craft beer expert, I love sending our guest to the best breweries in town! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I loved many things about this hotel. The location is very nice, on the river and along the river park. There are a lot of little restaurants, shops, and spas along the Riverfront. The downside was that there are many homeless that hang out along the river, but if you are from an urban area this probably won't be a big deal for you.

The restaurant Three Degrees in the hotel is awesome. The menu is good and all the items that I tried (sandwich, bacon waffles, and chicken and biscuits) were amazing. They have a nice patio area for the restaurant, for the lounge, as well as an area with patio chairs and a fire pit.

The service was great. All staff in the hotel were very friendly. We enjoyed the evening wine hour chatting with them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Arrived on a Saturday afternoon on 28 Oct for a rowing event. The weather was rain, rain and more rain. But the hotel stay was fantastic. The woman at the front desk was over-the-top professional, very pleasant. She noted a few things she'd do for us, and since she started helping the next customer as soon as we were checked in, we jokingly wondered in the elevator what are the odds she'd remember. Sure enough, she remembered.

This part of Portland was pretty dead for a Saturday night. We walked down the stormy riverwalk and found a McCormick and Schmicks a few minutes away and had dinner there. Very handy. Aside from the weather, the location was spectacular.

The room was nice. We had a suite and everything was very comfortable. The beds were great, the TVs were new. The bathroom was functional, but reasonable.

The next day after a few hours out along the edge of the river, we came back and grabbed lunch. I'll say the BLT is the best I've ever had. The toast was crunchy and warm, the bacon was thick and crisp, the lettuce and tomato were fresh. I think we've all had a BLT where the bread was soggy, the bacon was limp...amazing what a difference a bit of attention can make.

The bell staff held our bags after checkout. I've stayed at plenty of hotels where the bags (including computer) stood out in the open as I walked away, always leaving me a bit nervous. In this case, they were quickly zipped off to a locked room. Like the rest of the staff, the bell staff were courteous, polite and professional.

Overall, a fantastic experience and stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Agree 100% the RiverPlace staff is amazing and 3 Degrees does have the very best BLT. Everything is fresh and local which makes the difference. Thanks for the incredibly nice comments.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the moment I arrived to the moment I left everything was perfect! The little chats with my room attendent as we passed in the hall way gave me a chace to get a "locals" point of view with my tastes in mind no to mention taking peaceful walks along the river each day was simply amazing!

Room Tip: River Views are amazing at night!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends