“Excellent Service, Nice Room”

Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Camarillo
“Excellent Service, Nice Room”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on our recent 4 night stay in Portland. The location of the hotel is nice, the food in the hotel restaurant was pretty good, including the breakfast that had some inventive dishes. We arrived early to the hotel on a Sunday with the thought that we could just drop off our bags and explore the city, but when we asked, they accommodated us with an early check-in (10:00am).

The one thing that stood out to us more than anything else though was the service. Everyone was beyond friendly and helpful, and we didn't run across anyone who wasn't giving their best effort to provide us with exceptional service. This included the front desk, the concierge, housekeeping, the waitstaff... everyone. Top notch...

If there are any complaints, it's that the courtyard view isn't much of a view at all. If I had to do it over, we'd probably want a city or river view. But the room was nice, modern, clean... the bed was comfortable. Overall very good hotel...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
It’s great to hear that everyone was on top of their game. Now we just need to get you and your wife back here to enjoy that riverview!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is an exceptional property! I was in contact with Courtney before my stay, and she assured me that my early arrival would not be a problem. When I arrived (even earlier than I'd anticipated) Jacque welcomed me at the front desk and put me into an upgraded suite immediately! She was friendly and helpful, and I was able to also book an airport van for the next day before I made my way up to my room. It overlooked the courtyard, and it was very spacious and comfortable. On top of all of that, the wonderful rate that I booked online included $25 in dining room credit and $10 in the minibar. Add to that, free internet access, and it was an exceptional deal all around! I would definitely recommend this hotel; every Kimpton that I've experienced has a wonderful level of service and friendliness, and this property was no exception!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Neskowin
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have never stayed at a hotel where I was treated so well and so friendly. The service was top notch in every respect. I am not sure there is a better word tha excellent to rate this hotel and their staff but, if there was, I would certainly apply it to this hotel and our stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice but the ones that overlook the river are special as are their King Su...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Oh don’t worry, we will take the word “excellent” to describe our style of service!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about our staff.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a great time here. Friendly, helpful staff, beautiful room and very close to downtown. Very fanily friendly.

Room Tip: River view is worth it!
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel is truly dog friendly, never experienced anything like this before. They looked after our two dogs a 120lb and an 8lb behind the front desk when we went out for meals or for a swim at the local health club. There was no charge for the dogs at all which was also a bonus. The front staff were great with our dogs. We will all be staying there again. Andy

Room Tip: King suite with pull out queen works well for a family
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Ryan K, Manager at Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
We just had a blast watching Juno and Mocha! The 3 of you are welcome anytime.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Visited with family and stayed in one of the two bedroom condo units facing the river. Very comfortable room, with a full kitchen, wood fireplace and a washer/dryer if you're inspired to do laundry on your vacation. These units are a 1 minute walk back to the hotel and any phone call for room service or housekeeping resulted in a ready appearance from hotel staff.

If you've stayed with Kimpton in the past, you know what you can expect - manager's reception with complimentary wine and Kimpton kids goodies such as playing cards, crayons, etc. They also will deliver a goldfish to your room which entertained the kids. Rather than pay $18 for an on-demand movie, they have an extensive DVD collection with a number of current titles.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. While the valet parking at $31 a day can be steep, but if you are going in and out as we were, it's a nice convenience.

Hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the (largely) free downtown trolley system and conveniently located just across the river from the OMSI, Alberta Arts area etc.

Room Tip: Depending on availability, Kimpton rewards members can get an upgrade at a reduced rate. Waterfront...
hood river
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was my first time at Riverplace, but I would definitely go back. Very warm, friendly and helpful staff. Ask for something and you'll have it in minutes! Great location, right on the river and an easy stroll to downtown. Very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends