“Nice Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rogue River, OR, United States
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We enjoyed the proximity to the Loyd Center & shopping. The Max train system made it a snap to get downtown and not have to mess with parking. The rooms were neat and clean and we had a wonderful view from the 13th floor to the east with Mount Hood in clear view. It was fairly easy walking distance to the Moda Center and Memorial Coliseum. The food in the restaurant and bar area was very good and reasonably priced. Well drinks were a bit watered down, but good flavor.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
George (Russ) T:

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. Those mountain views are really something, aren't they? We don't get to see them everyday, but when we do they are a special treat. I'm so glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and found the location ideal for your activities. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Monroe, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here for a convention. I barely squeeked by getting into a double queen, supposedly getting the last one for that weekend. But when we showed up, they asked if we needed the handicap accessible (the room assigned to us) and could they switch us for another double queen. We were happy to comply, though the new room was up on the 13th floor. View was lovely, the hotel decor was lovely. Hallways WERE NOT air conditioned to the trips in the elevators and to/from our room was uncomfortable. Had expected a mini fridge in our room (we had just recently taken a trip prior and ALL our rooms had them so we assumed, our mistake) so we had to make do with the food court across the street after our 1st night dinner in the bar/lounge was pretty so so - expensive and not super great after all the hype about sourcing locally! Breakfast buffet was good, I thought reasonable price for the selection though I didn't like the eggs either day, they seemed under done. But the bacon was crispy like I liked, sausage patties good, good selection of pastries/fruit, would have loved to seen either little pancakes or waffles included. The waitstaff did seem very good and both mornings our waitperson was attentive but not annoying. The concierge was helpful. We had arrived early and as we were vendors, we were able to take advantage of their locked room for our stuff (2 bins) for a few hours while waiting for set up. The gentlemen helping was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Cherie L,

Thank you for your recent stay and detailed review of the property. On behalf of our entire team, we sincerely appreciate the feedback and your business. Sounds like you were here for our hottest week of the year and I apologize for the discomfort in the hallways.

In regards to mini fridges we do have quite a few available on property that we gladly deliver to the guest rooms upon request and I am sorry we missed sharing that with you.

Thanks again for your comments and I am hopeful we have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Tumwater, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

First room was small and looked a little outdated but clean until we found mold in the bathroom on the ceiling. We were moved to an upgrated room which was bigger and more updated and clean. The hotel staff was very nice and gave us either dinner or breakfast vouchers to accommodate. Right across from the LLoyds Center and the max had a stop across the street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Tina B:

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for the review. I'm so sorry about the condition you found your first room in but am glad you brought it to our attention so we could take care of it. I was happy to see we were able to get you moved and that the staff was friendly and accommodating during the process. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back the next time you find yourself in Portland.

New York, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was very disappointed by my experience at this DoubleTree. The furninshings were dated and worn, and the shower was terrible. It was like a fine mist with no water pressure. At over $200 a night, this room was way overpriced.

1 Thank Liane R
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Liane R,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property here on TripAdvisor. I am glad we were able to connect trhough email and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make it right. I appreciated your response to my email and I am very hopeful we have the luxury of serving you again soon. Please let me know if I may assist with any future reservations,

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com
rockaway, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

went out of there way to help us with all our needs we will always choose double tree in the future when we travel. even helping with where to eat and shop personal attention was excellent! i wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Leslie P:

We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing a review. Comments about our staff are always my favorite, and hearing that they were not only friendly and helpful, but went out of their way to take care of you makes me especially happy. I hope we see you again very soon.

North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is the perfect location for shopping at the Lloyd Center or if you have a concert or convention in the Rose Garden Area. After a long day of activities its great to come back to a clean, quiet comfortable room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
NoeGirl2013:

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I'm always glad to see that a guest was comfortable during their time with us and that you found the hotel well situated for your activities while you were in Portland. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back - cookie and all - some time very soon.

Wood Village, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

When I arrived I could have been given the room I had booked through the DoubleTree by Hilton website instead of getting an excuse that Expedia had over booked the hotel and then getting bumped down to a much lesser room and only compensated $15 for the difference. I was offered free parking and internet for the inconvenience, big deal parking for that night was only $10 and I didn't want to use the internet. We got our free cookies after getting keys to our lesser room which were hard like they had been over baked and were not warm. Upon arrival in the room it was tiny, on the second floor with no view, no balcony and windows did not open. There was no fridge. The ice bucket was barely big enough to put our champagne in much less ice to cool it. There was a gap under the door to the hall big enough to see under it from across the room. Decor in the room and most of the rest of the hotel was old and outdated. Foam ceiling tiles on the ceiling like in an office building and one of them had a big water stain in it. Then when we went to bed I could hear people outside in the hall and in the other rooms very easily although it doesn't seem like anyone was shouting or being unreasonably loud. When I woke up the next moring still unhappy about the room I took a shower to find the bathroom is so small I could hardly turn around in it and the laminate on the door is peeling from the humidity and somewhat unsightly. Upon chackout I asked to speak to a manager to voice my dissatisfaction with the room quality and she decided to just point out that I was charged the correct amount for the room I stayed in which is rediculous for what you get for your money. After I mentioned I didn't think I got what I paid for she offered me to comp. free breakfast and coffee, which I did not want. So reluctantly she took half off the room charge which I think is fair. I am still not happy with the overall experience and expected more from a DoubleTree and a Hilton which I've stayed at both and are usually the best. What would have exceeded my expectations would have been to have the room I booked which was a Single King with a balcony and maybe even been able to accommodate my request for a room facing west towards the city.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Benjamin B,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am terribly sorry for the overbooking situation on the room type you booked and for how we handled it. We should have had the room available you booked and when the error occured should have handled it differently. I am so glad we were able to connect via voicemail and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make it right and refund the remainder of the cost of your stay. Again I am so sorry.

I am hopeful we have the luxury of serving you again sometime soon and please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservatons.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com