“Great Service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived and got to my room and saw it didn't have a window that I could open. I called the front desk and told them I was looking forward to the cooler weather and to open the windows and they immediately upgraded me to a room with sliding doors - no questions asked. That's service!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Patricia M N:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for writing a review here on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you had such a great interaction with our staff at the front desk. I trust the rest of your stay was comfortable as well. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

sfaulstick@portlanddoubletree.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

It's a must to be a guest of this hotel. We loved the spaciousness of our room, the expediency and professionalism of the staff especially Room Service, proximity to Lloyd Center Mall is a plus. We are definitely going to be repeat guests should our visit take us back to Portland.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank Glen T. C
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Glen T C:

Thank you so much for staying with us Glen and a great big thank you for taking the time to write such a fabulous review! Again and again I get to read these great comments about our staff and I love being able to tell the departments mentioned just how their performance is received and appreciated by our guests. I have already sent your comments on to our room service team and I know they are pleased to have made such a positive impact on your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back again sometime very soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My experience with Portland Doubletree Lloyd Center was anything special. From check-in to check-out the overall service was underwhelming. This was in areas including check-in, maid service, restaurant service. There just didn't appear to be any genuine customer service commitment.

Thank Mark L. S
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Mark L. S,

Thanks for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry your stay with us was not a great one. Our team is deeply committed to making sure our customer service is extraordinary in every interaction and it appears as though we failed to deliver on our own promise. I am again very sorry and will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. I know we will all take it to heart and look back to see where and how we missed serving you with excellence. In that spirit, if you have any specifics examples of where we missed opportunities to wow you, please let me know.

I am hopeful you will give us another chance in the future and invite you contact me directly to make any future reservations. It would be my delight to assist is getting everything set up for you and ensuring every detail of your stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Cute hotel. Front desk, bell stand and wait staff are all very friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be that the HVAC system in the sleeping rooms clunks and bangs throughout the night. Very noisy.

Heide K,

Thank for your recent stay and review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read the staff served you well, but sorry to read about the HVAC problems. I have located your reservation and will be working with engineering to have them take a look at the room to ensure it is not a challenge for future guests.

I hope you enjoyed Portland and the great activities for your conference. It was a real pleasure to have you and the group in town and I am hopeful we have the opportunity to earn your business in the future. I will be following up with a private message as well.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope we see you back in Portland again very soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting Portland. The location is decent. Fairly close to what is important in Portland. We didn't use it, but it is right near a metro rail line, which could be very nice if you don't have a rental car.

The views from most of the rooms are really great. On one side you can see downtown Portland and the river (however there is construction going on and those views might not last for much longer) and on the other side (if it is clear out) you can see Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helen.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the cookies are delicious, and the staff was very accommodating.

One very bright spot about this hotel is the food. We ate dinner at the restaurant which was great, but the highlight was the breakfast buffet in the morning, which was incredible...don't miss it.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better (obviously)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Steve F, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Split2112:

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I love hearing the staff was able to accommodate your needs and that you were comfortable during your stay with us. I was especially happy to read your comments about the food and the breakfast buffet in particular. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our restaurant staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you find yourself in Portland.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

What's great about this hotel is you are always greeted by a professional, respectful person at the desk who is very knowledgable and does their best to make your stay great. You can tell the property is older, but they have done a good job of updating it. I stay here frequently and my only complaint is the overpriced, mediocre food downstairs, but there are plenty of great places to eat within walking, so I don't eat at the hotel. Also, if you get the smallest room, they are surprisingly small but fine if you're traveling alone on business like I usually am when I stay here. But it's usually only about $10 more to get a larger room and they are bigger than most normal sized hotel rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Brandon H,

Thank you for your frequent stays at our property and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read that our staff continuously serves you with professionalism and excellence. Music to my ears. I also appreciate the constructive feedback regarding the food service. I have passed your remarks on to both our chef and restaurant manager.

Please let me know when you are staying next and it would be my honor to treat you to a meal here at the hotel. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Doubletree is the only place my family and I stay in when we travel to Portland...it's right on the Max line, right across the street from the mall and movie theater (though admittedly I've only been to the mall twice and have never been to the theater...I think it is now an IMAX theater), they allow you to keep your pet in the room while you are not there (though you need to provide contact info in case something happens), the rooms are comfortable and clean, and who can pass up the deliciously warm cookie upon arrival? I know other places are less expensive; however, I feel like the services provided along with proximity to the city are well worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2014

Katrina B:

We're flattered! What a fantastic review Katrina, thank you so much for taking the time to write and a great big thank you for your continued loyalty to the DoubleTree. I'm so glad to hear we serve as the ultimate home base for you and your family during your visits to Portland. We love our return guests and look forward to continuing to serve you with excellence. Thank you again!