“Nice Place”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Had the chance to spend three nights in Portland and this was my spot of rest! Located downtown and right by the train it was a good call. The rooms were spacious and clean, and quiet as well! Nice hotel facilities and lobby with a nice upscale restaurant and bar! All in all it is a good place to call home on the road!

2  Thank kennykelme
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Kennykelme,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad you felt at home here; traveling on business can be stressful and we like to know we are making travelers feel at ease. I was happy to read you enjoyed the restaurant as well. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime soon.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,130)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Valentine's Day as this was the hotel we spent our first night as a married couple. The staff went above and beyond giving us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to add to our special evening! Very satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Amber H,
Thank you so much for staying with us again and for taking the time to write such a glowing review on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased you enjoyed yourselves and that we hold such special memories for you both. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back many times in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great place to stay. The locations is great to get around Portland. MAX is next to hotel. Central located and across from the mall and movies. Hotel staff are very professional and polite. The only minor complaint is you can her MAX on the tracks next to the hotel. It did not keep me awake

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Mike M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to write a very positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that the location worked well for your needs and that our staff served you with excellence.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. Please let me know when you are ready to book your next stay and I will gladly assign you a room as far away from the Light Rail as possible to reduce the noise.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well kept, clean and the staff is amazing! Like all Hilton family hotel the beds are wonderful. This trip I had a top floor king bed balcony room. It was a good size with plenty of room for the 2 us to be comfortable without tripping over each other. The light rail is conveniently located but you can't hear it when from the room - assuming the doors/windows are closed. The staff really makes this place as they always go above and beyond to make us feel welcome and are happy!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lora M

Lora M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for the great review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that our team served you with excellence not only on this trip, but previous stays as well.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Location very good next to the light rail, and next to Lloyd shopping center. Easy walk to the convention center. Has a decent lobby with friendly bar, and parking directly next to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

mraimond,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am delighted to read your experience with us was positive and that you were pleased with the location of the property.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The staff at the Double Tree was very helpful, with the rooms being nice as well. The bar and restuarant were also top notch. The location is convenient to Max and walking to the Rose Garden or Mall. Parking was convenient, and internet was fast.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Robert B,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for the great review here on TripAdvisor. I delighted you had a wonderful experience and to read that our staff served you with excellence. I also appreciate the specific comments about your experience in the restaurant and will be sure to share with with our food and beverage team.

On behalf of all of us at the DoubleTree, thank you for your business. I do we have the opportunity to serve you again very soon. Please let me know if I may assist with any future reservations.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business. The room was nice and clean. Housekeeping was spot on. The hotel over all looked a little old, and outdated. There was a lot of wear that should be fixed. Lot of dings and scratches on the wood surface's. The room was clean, but the 3rd floor entrance from the parking garage was bad. The ceiling tiles were falling down. Place needs better maintenance program. No free breakfast (They have 2 restaurants). And parking was $20 a day. With all that said, it was a good price, and a goo location.

Room Tip: Put your shades on.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

242TonyC,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback. We do work very hard to make sure the hotel is incredibly clean both inside and out and we are currently working with ownership to prioritize our capital needs. Your review is very helpful as we have these important discussions about our property improvement plan.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope we have the luxury of having you as a guest again very soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.