“Comfy, clean and friendly”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Washington
“Comfy, clean and friendly”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well kept, clean and the staff is amazing! Like all Hilton family hotel the beds are wonderful. This trip I had a top floor king bed balcony room. It was a good size with plenty of room for the 2 us to be comfortable without tripping over each other. The light rail is conveniently located but you can't hear it when from the room - assuming the doors/windows are closed. The staff really makes this place as they always go above and beyond to make us feel welcome and are happy!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lora M
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Lora M,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for the great review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that our team served you with excellence not only on this trip, but previous stays as well.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Havelte, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Location very good next to the light rail, and next to Lloyd shopping center. Easy walk to the convention center. Has a decent lobby with friendly bar, and parking directly next to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
mraimond,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am delighted to read your experience with us was positive and that you were pleased with the location of the property.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Portland, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The staff at the Double Tree was very helpful, with the rooms being nice as well. The bar and restuarant were also top notch. The location is convenient to Max and walking to the Rose Garden or Mall. Parking was convenient, and internet was fast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Robert B,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for the great review here on TripAdvisor. I delighted you had a wonderful experience and to read that our staff served you with excellence. I also appreciate the specific comments about your experience in the restaurant and will be sure to share with with our food and beverage team.

On behalf of all of us at the DoubleTree, thank you for your business. I do we have the opportunity to serve you again very soon. Please let me know if I may assist with any future reservations.

Salt Lake City
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for three nights on business. The room was nice and clean. Housekeeping was spot on. The hotel over all looked a little old, and outdated. There was a lot of wear that should be fixed. Lot of dings and scratches on the wood surface's. The room was clean, but the 3rd floor entrance from the parking garage was bad. The ceiling tiles were falling down. Place needs better maintenance program. No free breakfast (They have 2 restaurants). And parking was $20 a day. With all that said, it was a good price, and a goo location.

Room Tip: Put your shades on.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
242TonyC,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. I appreciate your honest feedback. We do work very hard to make sure the hotel is incredibly clean both inside and out and we are currently working with ownership to prioritize our capital needs. Your review is very helpful as we have these important discussions about our property improvement plan.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope we have the luxury of having you as a guest again very soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I used hotwire to reserve my room. Upon entering the hotel it appeared to be at least what one would expect from a quality hotel. My room was clean and well appointed. While exploring the different accesses to the parking garage i found the carpet outside the managers office filthy, and not just from one missed day of vacuuming. When I left the hotel the next morning I was in a hurry and choose to use the key drop in the parking garage instead of going to the front desk. When I received my credit card statement I had been charged for an additional night as well as 250.00 in movies and food. When I spoke with the manager I was told that I had signed for the second night and that long distant calls from both nights matched. I explained that i travel a great deal and have unlimited l.d. on my cell. I also explained and proved that I was in another city 200 miles away in another hotel the manager disregarded my proof and told me that I would have to let amex fight the charges. I will probably never stay at another Hilton again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jsspd4
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for your review. I have discussed your situation with the manager that assisted you and he has shared with me that he has not received the verification from you about being in another city. I believe he requested a copy of the receipt from your next hotel stay. If you will please send that over we will gladly work with you to get the situation resolved as quickly as possible. You are welcome to send me a copy at the email address provided below.

Corvallis, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our room was upgraded to a double queen with no extra charge. Is it my imagination or are hotel "queens" getting smaller? The hotel is very nice, spacious, great lounge area, a half block from the MAX although we walked to and from the Moda Center (about a 15-minute walk). Parking was very reasonable in the garage on a Saturday night $10. I would skip the buffet breakfast. Poor quality. We didn't try ordering off the menu, however.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Nancy P,

Thank you for your recent stay and positive review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoy the location. I also appreciate your comments. We do hear from time to time that our queen beds seem small, but we have measured and they are the correct size. Also thank you for your comments on breakfast. I am sorry it did not meet with your expectations and I will be sure to share your feedback with the chef.

Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations and I will gladly provide you with a complimentary upgrade to a breakfast package, so you can give our buffet another try. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and Go Blazers!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

So there was a huge cheerleading event going on so some of these things may have been related to that, though I think hotels should shine when fully occupied!

All of the staff I encountered was friendly and polite. The location vs price seemed pretty good. I think we cabbed it for about $10 to grab drinks. The breakfast buffet would probably have been better on a less busy day, there were lines waiting to be seated and some of the items left empty though multiple tables empty or left uncleaned. Guessing they were understaffed in perpetration for the hordes of cheerleading people. I thought the food was poor at best, though my freind whom I had treated to 5 previous hilton brand buffets this trip said he thought it was the best one we had yet, so there's that...

Our room did have pay per view which I think is becoming more unusual, but I like to mention since I am one of those crazy people that will occasionally drop $15-$20 to see a movie in my hotel room while it's still in theaters. Who has seen a movie in the theater for less than that in the past 10 years?!

One of the elevators was not working, and with all the teenagers there was always a wait for the elevator.

Overall I may give this property another shot on a less busy night. But otherwise I'm not sure it was worth the price...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
HiltonHonorsHunter,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review our property here on TripAdvisor. You are correct, we should be at our best when full and I am terribly sorry we were not. I appreciate your open and honest feedback and will be sure to pass on to our food and beverage leadership team.

I do sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and invite you to please let me know if I may provide any assistance with reservations.