DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Eastside Lodge(Portland)
2,160 results
All reviewslloyd centerdouble treeconvention centerlight railwarm cookiesmax linebreakfast buffetparking garagemoda centeracross the riverpublic transportationconvenient locationfront desk staffupon checkdowntown areaconferenceairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Nice older hotel in a central location. Short walk to light rail. AC is marginal with hot stuffy rooms at night. Don't stay here if you like it cool at night. Close to dining and shopping. A short ride to downtown across the river. Homeless population in this city is a major problem. Be sure to watcha few episodes of Portlandia to get a flavor of the culture here

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Randall T,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location. I am sorry you experienced a stuffy room and do want to share we have changed our policy and will be leaving the central AC on overnight to allow guests the ability to adjust the temperature to where they are most comfortable.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. We appreciate it, and while checking out episodes of Portlandia, watch for the segment filmed at our hotel. Pretty funny stuff.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I spent 2 very uncomfortable nights in room 512 during my stay on January 14th and 15th. During normal sleeping hours, the room was very warm which made sleeping a difficult challenge. During one of the nights I opened the door and went into the hallway and realized that the hallway was much more cooler than my room. I wish I could have moved my bed into the hallway!! I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk upon my check out and she advised me that it wasn’t that the air conditioning in my room wasn’t working it is because the hotel turns off the air-conditioning during the winter months. Policy or no policy, the bottom line is that the room was extremely uncomfortable. As I mentioned, the hallway was cooler than the room. I am quite certain that they are not air conditioning the hallways. In applying logic to the equation….if I had the thermostat on 68 AND the air cooling system was turned off, then why would the room get warmer? (warmer than the hallway). In turning off the cooler, it seemed that the system started pumping heated air in the room? Maybe I really don't know what a comfortable temperature is so the hotel is deciding this for me?? The hotel management responded and indicated that it is there policy to turn off the A/C during the winter months as part of a GREEN and conservation initiative. Which to me means, we really don't care about your comfort, we just want to look politically correct and save money. We don't really care that you were uncomfortable and you should give us your $150 just for the privilege to stay at our hotel. Frankly I can stay in a seedy roadside motel that has probably doesn't have a heating and cooling system for a lot less and get the same comfort. Don't stay in this hotel in the winter unless you like warm uncomfortable rooms. This particular hotel does not plan to change their Green policy. Please be aware of their NO Cooling during the night policy during the winter months. Pasted below is their response to me. Here is how our system works: · When the outside temperature is under 45 degrees our chiller stops working (this is what they call a “freeze protection”). We do run our chiller until 11:15pm during winter and restart it at 7am; · This is not a Hilton Policy, As being a hotel renowned for our green initiatives, this is one of our conservation initiatives;

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Wayne J,

First let me say I am so sorry for your experience at our property was not a comfortable one. I want to share with you we have revisited our policy. What worked for us in previous winters is not working now, and I am terribly sorry for your discomfort. With the mild winter we are experiencing in the Portland area, we have made the decision not to shut our chillers off overnight. It does not go back and change your personal experience, but again I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do to make this up to you please let me know.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Everything was great from check in to checking out clean room nice bed and grate service. The staff was very helpful and friendly always smiling and cheerful which made me feel god. The service was very nice some one always ready to assist even when departing was offered directions or if I needed anything else. Over all great experience.

Alfonzo G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your experience with us was a positve one and that our staff served you with excellence.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I am hopeful we will have the opportunity to serve you again sometime soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

i stayed at double tree for 2 weeks to attending conference. Had a gr8 experience in terms of view outside the hotel, walk near by, the transportation and connectivity to portland trains. Staff, desk, restaurant to housekeeping were outstanding. Could try out variety of food items. Veg food options can be improved. I got a smaller size room, hope to get bigger one on next any visits.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Karthik2014,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am glad to read it was an excellent experience for you and that our staff served you well. I will pass your comments on to our Chef regarding more vegetarian items. He will be grateful for the feedback. Also please let me know when you are ready to make your next reservation and I will gladly check the availability and rates for one of our premium rooms, which are almost twice the size of our standard rooms.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we do look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The room is clean, comfortable, and huge. All interactions with hotel personnel was great. Everyone smiled and greeted me whenever I was near. The hotel is right on the MAX lines (blue, red, & green).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

rowilsh,

Thank you for your stay in January and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read your experience with us was a positive one and that our staff served you well.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again very soon. Please let me know if I may assist with future reservations.