“Alternative to Downtown”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Farmingdale, United States
“Alternative to Downtown”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

While it would seem to be on the wrong side of the river from most of Portland's attractions, if you happen to be in town for a convention, it's got to be your first choice. Full service, extremely helpful and friendly staff, good food, proximity to MAX line and the Lloyd Center Mall are great. Can't walk to much else, but still a smart choice for convention goers to the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Brett S,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read your experience with us was a positive one.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again sometime very soon.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was there for a board meeting the first weekend of the new year. Lovely hotel. Checked in around 8p on Thursday evening and was looking for food. The lobby bar was open and serving dinner for anyone looking to eat and the game was on, so I was able to get my food fix and my football fix (OU v ALA). Great game and great food. Got to my room and had a 9th floor room with two beds. The room was very spacious, lots of room for one or a family. I especially liked the counter outside of the bathroom with another mirror. IF a guest was in the bathroom, someone else could still get ready since that vanity was there as well. My meeting was on Friday and Saturday and we had meeting space in the conference center on the first floor. These rooms were built for small meetings. All the things you need for 10 ppl with laptops and wireless access. The food was also quite good. We had breakfast in the meeting room on day one and two, lunch in the restaurant on day one and lunch brought in on day two. The food was simply delicious. This Doubletree is apparently known for its food and that is truly evident. I would recommend this place to any type of traveler - business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
HotelDude,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to see you had such a great stay. I appreciate the specific feedback about your meals, guest room and conference experience. It will be a pleasure sharing your feedback with our team.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and I do sincerely hope to have you stay with us again very soon. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Anaheim, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Room was really small...there was no fridge in room. $20 a day for parking, which they forgot to mention when I checked in. Bad mattress, extremly soft. Great Location for us....but that's probably not good enought to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Bryan B,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to read the hotel did not exceed your expectations in every aspect of your stay. Our standard rooms are on the small side, but we do have some lovely premium rooms almost twice the size that I would be happy to reserve for you for a future stay.

In addition I am terribly sorry the team failed to inform you of the parking charge. We should have shared the additional charge with you up front and because we did not I have located your reservation and reversed the parking charges on your bill.

I do hope with all sincerity that you will give us another try and invite you to contact me directly if I may assist with future reservations. I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com, or by calling my direct dial number at 503-331-4993.

Portland, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had good time and I was very pleased with the staff and environmental. I would like to have Hispanic chanels there are programs that I will like to see in Christmas and New Years. I think that this question required to many words, when our first language is not English it is difficult to fill the 200 characters you required. I think with the questions we ansewered before is more than enough. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Betty C,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton and for the great review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback, especially about the television channels.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. Please let me know if I may provide any assistance with future reservations.

Olympia, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A pipe broke at 12:30ish on our last night and after an hour of enduring the noise and maintenance, finally called the front desk to ask if we wanted to switch rooms with a 5 year old at 1:30 in the morning. At check out, I wasn't asked how my stay was or offered any apology or comp of any kind for the sleepless night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Samantha B,

Thank you for your recent stay, taking the time to fill out our online comment card and reviewing the property on TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry about the incident with the broken pipe and that we missed the opportunity to appropriately follow-up with you while you were in the hotel. It is my understanding our director of guest services has left you a voice mail. She is looking forward to speaking with you and coming up with an acceptable resolution at your convenience.

I have young children myself and can empathize how upsetting it must have been to be woken up in the middle of the night. On behalf of our entire staff, we are truly sorry for the disturbance and do look forward to you connecting with our team soon.

Please feel free to reach out to me as well.

Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The location is fantastic if you need public transportation, street car is only a few blocks away and transit system is a 1/2 block away. Lloyd Center is also 1/2 block from hotel. I had a balcony room on 11th floor, it was clean, spacious, and nicely furnished. Front desk staff were pleasant and professional.
The negative things were: My room faced the street where the public trains (light rail) ran all night until 2 am, every 5 - 10 minutes I could hear them, the noise was very loud and it kept me awake, finally fell asleep around 2 am, but they start up again around 6 am, so get another room away from street if you're a light sleeper. The bathroom plumbing was in poor shape, the lever controlling the water temp. in the shower was loose, almost falling off which made it impossible to acurately adjust temp of water, slightly scalded myself when I couldn't get it to turn to cooler water. The sink spout also had never been tightened properly so it moved from side to side. I reported these issues to the front desk, so hopefully they fixed them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street close to transit station are ridiculously loud, loud noise most of the night...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
solonoproblems,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and do apologize for the noise from the train, and the plumbing issues. I will review the logs from the last few weeks and make sure the needed repairs you mentioned have been fixed.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again very soon and invite you to please contact me if I may provide any assistance with your future reservations.

West Covina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The room is great. The fitness center is also clean with modern equipment. The pool was covered and outside, poor choice in that city. There is no hot tub. The breakfast is not included. The only complimentary coffee are the two terrible packs that comes in the room. The coffee downstairs in the lobby is purchase only. Parking is not included and costs 20 bucks a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Nick N
Nick N,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to review the property. We appreciate your business and being a loyal customer to the Hilton family of hotels. I am glad to see you enjoyed the upgraded room you received and the fitness center.

I am sorry we missed the opportunity to share one of our package deals with you, that for a few extra dollars you can add breakfast and parking for a discounted rate. I agree is is too bad we have an outdoor pool during the winter months, but assure you it is a huge hit in the summer. I do hope you will give us another try and invite you to contact me if i may assist with future reservations.