“OLD HOTEL. Some small rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Its an older hotel and some rooms are small. The elevators are slow and the lobby can be a rat race if the hotel is busy. Location is a big plus and most rooms are comfortable. Some may get limited road and tram noise at times. Service was all fine

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

BrisbaneNewDad,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for your positive review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your specific comments about your stay including our location being a big plus. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your business and we do hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Terry Goldman - Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great location right on the light rail about 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown. The service was excellent, we had a suite with a view of downtown. The breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special. However, the warm cookies are the best. The only downside is the train runs right by the backside of the property and could keep you awake if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Jule19,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am so glad to read you received excellent service from our team and that you enjoyed our easy access to the light rail. I appreciate the comments about breakfast as well and will be sure to share them with our Director of Food and Beverage.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you with excellence again very soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Convenient location within walking distance to a mall and many restaurants. Property is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The two restaurants on site were both very good for both food quality and service. There is a good fitness and business center. The Metro train service into the city or airport stops right at the hotel. ihe warm chocolate chocolate chip cookie that you receive at checkin is a great welcoming treat. Great place to stay and is quiet and convenient.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to an Executive Suite. They are large nd away from the hustle bussle of the main...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Gregg60,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for the compliments about the facilities, the food and the service you received from the staff. Also thank you for the great description about our easy access to Portland's light rail system.

Thank you for your business and I hope to have you as a guest at the hotel again very soon. Please let me know if I am able to assist with any arrangements. I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com, or via phone at 503-281-6111 ext. 4993.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I got extremely outstanding service from front desk staff that includes Mr. willy so, ms Alice ( both duty managers) Emily, lira, morning front desk staff, also from food section Tracy, garth, all persons and also morning 5 staff so good doing an excellent outstanding service, b'cos of all of this people I am staying at this property Hope I will get the same in future Thanks Menta

1  Thank Venkata N M

Venkata N M,

Thank you for your glowing review about the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read your specific praise for so many members of our team.

I am also so glad to have had the opportunity to thank you in person for your review.

On behalf of our entire team, we are all so appreciative of your business and look forward to continuing to serve you with excellence.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay att this Double Tree on every trip to Portland, good food, good bar, light rail just outside, helpful staff. Proximity to the Mall is nice for last minute needs, great for Rose Garden events. The concierge is really familiar with the city.

1  Thank Stan W

Stan W,

Thank you for your loyalty to the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland. I am delighted to read such a great review from one of our frequent guests. On behalf of the enitre time thank you for your business and we all look forward to your next stay.

Please let me know I can be of any assistance with future reservations. I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111. My extension is 4993.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

One side of this property has sweeping views of downtown Portland. I was on an upper floor which obviously helped make this possible. The staff were very attentive and there was a buzz within the lobby/bar/restaurant area which I think represents the overall mood of a hotel. The only downside was a cold shower in the morning before a big sales call - but I don't think this is indicative of normal operations as everything was in good shape.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear JSAndrews,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review here on TripAdvisor. In am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, even with a cold shower one morning. I am so sorry about that. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make it up to you.

I can be reached at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111. My extension is 4993.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and I do hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a very good time at the Doubletree Hilton-Lloyd Center. Even though we live in a nearby town, it seemed like a little escape for us. We were very impressed with our room and loved the shower. Our breakfast the next morning was very good and the service by all the staff was excellent. Earlier we had to change our reservation due to illness and this was done without any problems.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Valorie W,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and for your great review here on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you had a pleasant stay with us. I am also glad you enjoyed the breakfast and service you received from the staff.

Thank you for your business and I do hope you will come and stay with us again very soon.