“Clean Rooms - Friendly Staff - Close to downtown”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #35 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Clean Rooms - Friendly Staff - Close to downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived at hotel early and was checked in immediately (instead of the 3PM regular check-in time). I parked the car in the garage and it was $9 for Friday and $9 for Saturday. Sunday night it went up to $18 which is the weekday rate. Internet service was really fast, it also was an additional $12 per day if you choose to use it. Cell phone service is great there so I decided to pay for one day of internet for my laptop and then I used my iPad the rest of the time I was there to avoid the charge. The views from the 11th floor (King Balcony) room were great. The room faced the snow covered mountain range to the east. There was ample public transit available from the Hotel although I mostly used my car. I had room service for dinner one of the nights I was there and was surprised at the quick delivery time. The food was good. The television service included HBO. Movies were available at an additional cost. I found the Hotel staff to be friendly and accommodating during my stay. Overall it is a great hotel with great service for a reasonable price (approx. $100/night). The downside is if you need parking and internet it is an additional $30 a day which doesn't seem bad until you consider that it is 30% of the room cost. I would definitely stay here again despite the additional fee's.

Room Tip: My room facing to the East was nice, clean and quiet. I have no reason to believe any other room in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed one night at the Doubletree Hotel by Hilton in Portland, OR. The hotel is next door to the Lloyd Center Mall. The other good thing, it's righ on the TriMet Rail Line. For $5 you can buy a 24hr ticket anywhere on the system. I paid $10 for a two day pass and was able to leave the airport, arrive at the hotel, check in. Took the tram directly downtown, had a great meal and then returned to my hotel. Next morning, I checked out, went downtown, left for a Hillsboro with Tram/bus connection. Left for the airport that evening. All for $10.

The hotel itself was great. It had a great lobby with a restaurant, full bar and a coffee kiosk. Service was excellent. Both fast and friendly. My room was great. Perfect size for one person. I'm always looking for best value for my travel dollars and this hotel worked for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bjaysfan21
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm in Portland every March for a meeting -- and generally spend the Sat night of the meeting at the Doubletree Portland. Service is consistent, price is reasonable, nice rooms.
This trip as an HH Gold I was upgraded to a 2 room "presidential suite" on the 14th floor with a whirlpool soaking tub. Also got a coupon for an appetizer and non-alcoholic beverage in the lounge and continental breakfast in the restaurant (and of course two bottles of water, and I got 2 DT cookies).
I was pleased. Room was comfortable and very spacious, bathroom was enormous.
I've been in regular rooms at this hotel as well and they are fine.
Do get out of the hotel for meals -- lots of good restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Somers, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple nights while in the Northwest on business. I was greeted by friendly staff and given several Hilton Honors amenities, which were thankfully received. I had dinner the first nigh I the lobby lounge, Gather. They have a great selection of local beers, and a nice tapas menu. I especially enjoyed the hummus appetizer. I also had breakfast in the restaurant, it was a typical buffet with nice selections. Overall I had a great experience at the Doubletree Portland. They even were generous enough to comp my parking for the two days, a $36 value.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Here it comes... the attempt to make me feel good by offering me a warm chocolate chip cookie and I have to swallow hard back the pain while saying... no, please don't tempt me, I'm gluten free.
But, Voila! The desk attendant says, oh well that's just fine, here is a WOW (WithOut Wheat brand) cookie. I was shocked and delighted at the same time. Such a small thing created real joy. They don't understand how it feels but they made the effort to show that they care how I feel and it helped me relax and feel like things were normal for me again, like they used to be before I had to always say...no, I can't enjoy that.... I'm gluten free. But YES I CAN ENJOY myself. Thank you Double Tree! Also, there was gluten free toast at breakfast but you have to ask for it, it isn't advertised or out on the buffet, but I suggested they do so.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank hbyers
Braintree, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location. The staff was so helpful, giving us a map and fantastic directions. We were only guests for one night, but we were able to walk around, visiting shops and finding a great restaurant all with the help of the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kodiak, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was the most outstanding hotel staff I have ever encountered! EVERY employee I interacted with was courteous, efficient, and thought outside of the box - whether they were at the front desk, in the parking garage, on the telephone, or housekeeping. It truly made our stay pleasant and comfortable.

All three rooms we had booked were clean and comfortable. There are a variety of room sizes to meet any need. The steak I had one night for dinner with room service was perfect.

The hotel is within easy walking distance from the convention center, a mall, and several places to eat. I highly recommend it if you have business near the convention center.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business