Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
$215
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$150
$140
Cancelon
1,648 results
All reviewsm clubthe concierge loungeview of the rivermount hoodvalet parkinglobby barfitness centernice propertysaturday marketper nightfront desk staffvalet servicefew blocksup to datethe pearlpublic transportationlight rail
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is located right on the waterfront with amazing views of the river and all the lovely bridges crossing into Portland. There is a nice walking/biking/running trail that is safe and used by many people. The rooms are spacious and remodeled. Great indoor pool and gym with weight machines and card equipment. Room service is excellent...love the crunchy French toast!

Room Tip: Pick a room with a waterfront view.
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Our recent Marriott Downtown Waterfront hotel stay in Portland, Oregon was a treat! Things got off to a good start with the booking of the reservation by phone, first with the hotel staff to inquire about specific details, and later with the reservationist who was helpful and friendly. When we arrived for check-in, the Valet parking staff arranged prompt taxi service to assure our arrival at an evening function where parking could be difficult. The room was nicely appointed, and the view was extraordinary. Sunsets over the Columbia River and night lights from the bridge and cityscape reflected in the water were stunning. The hotel enjoys an active nightlife in the lobby bar. The food served in the bar was delicious as were the breakfasts served by the restaurant and delivered to our room. Presentation of food was very pleasing to the eye. Delivery staff were friendly and attentive at all times. Attention to detail was exemplary and did not go unnoticed. The location of this hotel is an asset to anyone who has business or interests in the downtown corridor. It is within walking distance of many downtown destinations. Waterfront activities are across the street! The only negative aspect which did not adversely affect our stay is the small size of the bathroom. The door must be shut or moved to access the tub, definitely a one-person-in-the-room size bathroom! I will happily adjust to this in exchange for the friendly atmosphere, clean room, magnificent view, exceptional food, valet parking, and comfortable bed! We'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms midway up are worth the price.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Skylar_B
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Beautiful hotel, luxurious rooms. Everything was clean. Close to the train. I really don't have anything bad to say! One thing though; I did get an awesome deal, so if I had paid the going rate, I don't know how I would feel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I don't know what it is with Marriotts. But the last few times I have stayed at them - I book a king, the give me two double beds - sorry - we're all out. I had this room booked months and months in advance. If it was just me travelling for work, fine whatever. But my boyfriend came up to meet me at the end of the work week, and cramming into the little double bed and elbowing or kicking the other every time we move, or sleeping in two separate beds is just not very romantic. This is really becoming a pet peeve. Give people the room they book! I have yet to have a W hotel, or a Hyatt pull this with me - but Marriott - ever freaking time lately I've booked a king and gotten two doubles. Also, one day housekeeping did not clean our room.
The pros are the location on the water is beautiful. When the room was cleaned, it was done well, and the best part is that the room was QUIET! I was near the elevator and the ice and soda machine and didn't hear anything so this was really nice.
So, it would have been an ok experience if it was just me, but based on the fact that they don't honor what you booked, I wouldn't stay here again if it were up to me (unfortunately, work usually gets to make that call).

1  Thank nolazona
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel just completed a renovation,rooms and furnishings were therefore very new, clean and in good shape. Pool and exercise room are very inviting, and provide views instead of being walled in and cut off. I attended for a conference at this location, and they were testing the fire alarm system the last day as finalization of the renovations. Accomodations are as most conference hotels. High priced water, and no free internet. I will never understand why they do not provide free internet access to rooms. Two computers in the lobby provide the business center. Reward card should get some priviledges, not even free internet or primo view. As some suggest, the waterfront rooms look out over the parkway, so it is noisy. My room on the back side had a view of the parking lots and Morton Steak house. Hills in the background and high rise buildings did provide an interesting views none the less. Balcony is no more than a railing, less than 1 foot platform. Room did not have microwave, fridge, or safe. If you are looking for a spot to cable your useless laptop, unless you want to pay $12.95 per 24 hours, there are not any fixtures suitable. Best option was the office chair. Hopefully someone would notice that going down the hall. Staff were especially friendly and attentive. Front desk, since I expected a late meeting on the last day, provided a 1:00 checkout since the room was not booked. Not many would do that. There is a shuttle service from the hotel to the airport, $14 one way, or $24 two way. Hotel is at University end of Portland. Most shopping is at the other end of Portland. Not many downtown restaraunts are open after lunch. Best bets are around Pioneer Square, several block walk but EVERYONE walks in Portland. Park across the street on the waterfront provides opportunity to relax outdoors after a day of meetings. Not many shops open late, but a few restaraunts looked inviting. Most were fairly expensive. I would recommend for a conference, or for higher end clients who do not mind the prices for services that are free at most motor lodges. Other than that I would have given the hotel a 5 star.

Room Tip: Upper floors on back side, provide views as well as less noisy.