“Quick Business Stay”

Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Room was nice, clean and convenient being near the airport for my late arrival and very early departure. Only bad thing was the TV reception was not good. Could not watch a program without gaps. Very frustrating. That would be the only downside of the room. I did not eat onsite so I cannot review the restaurant. Overall not bad for being close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel 4 times in 2 years. Each time, I have the same compliments and the same complaints. The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable, and the amenities adequate. The complaint is always the front desk staffing. Though the folks are friendly, there is never enough help at the desk which causes long lines at check-in when a van comes from the airport. Hint: sit near the door of the van and leap out fast.

Room Tip: Get off the 1st floor as the parking lot is busy late into the night.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were flying to Mexico for a week. Booked a room online for the first night and called the motel when we decided to stay the 2nd night a week later as we were arriving at 11 pm. Though we didn't ask in advance to leave our car there they were very accommodating and allowed us to do this. They let us leave our bags at the front desk for 4:30 am departure and they were already on the shuttle when we went to leave. Called for the shuttle when we picked up our bags on the return trip and it pulled up as we arrived outside the airport. The staff was very courteous, friendly, and fast. Very close to PDX. Love the Red Lion. We'll stay there anytime we need a hotel in that area. Also, though we were near the airport, couldn't hear a thing. Very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
VERONICA H, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you very much for your review, My staff will be very pleased to hear that they were able to meet all your needs. Thank you for choosing to stay with The Red Lion.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the Red Lion Hotel near to Portland Airport and it was truly everything I needed... cost; ultra-clean room - bedding - bathroom... as well as prompt and accessible Internet service. And indeed, to get to and from the airport was a breeze. SO WORTH IT!!! Parking was a slight problem when I returned later in the evenings. Other than that - PERFECT!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is not my first time at a Red Lion hotel but I suppose those are usually downtown. From the outside, I could not believe it was a Red Lion.

Check-in was painless and the front desk staff was friendly, telling us the quickest route to our room. The hallway had a funky smell bu it was ok once in the room.

I personally wasn't a fan of the bed but we were only staying to sleep, not to hang out. The room was typical with TV, mini fridge, etc. The annoying thing was when I walked around the unit, the cabinets creaked. Also, there was no TV remote. When I called the front desk, she apologized but did say she had an extra one but that she was the only one on staff and can't leave the desk. I let it go. The next day, I requested a remote on my way in, but after a couple of uses, the batteries died. We were just too tired to get another one.

As for location, there isn't much around. Definitely not walkable.

I probably won't purposely book here again unless I'm looking for a cheap stay just for sleeping. (Probably great for park and fly).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed here many, many times, leaving our car and grabbing a flight out to another destination. The quality and service has always been excellent. In the last 10 years of staying here, we have never had a single problem or issue. Highly recommend staying here, even if it's for one night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rick A
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a great place to park your car, spend the night and fly out early. Shuttle service is prompt, property is secure, rooms are comfortable and reasonably priced. Our go-to hotel when flying out of Portland.

1  Thank 942jerib