“Great Park & Fly Hotel”

Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I use this hotel and it's Park & Fly package frequently. It is reasonably priced, and I always feel secure in leaving my vehicle there. The staff has always treated me well, and the shuttle to the airport is quick and efficient. The rooms are clean and the beds are quite comfortable. Great drinks at the Sky Jockey lounge, which is always welcome after a long flight.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was in Portland for business just around the corner from the airport. I had heard good things about Red Lions so I figured it was worth a try. I was left with mixed feelings. I paid the extra 10 dollars for the better bed, I don't know what the standard beds are like but I loved this bed! Probably one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on for a hotel in a long time and I travel a lot. Location for the Airport was outstanding. I could walk to the business park that I was attending training at.

I did not like that I had to purchase the breakfast room to get breakfast when there are multiple hotels nearby that give free continental breakfast. When I commented as such to the Red Lion survey. They informed me that I could buy the breakfast room package. This bothered me because they obviously didn't look into the fact that I HAD and that I was commenting on the fact other hotels offer it for free. If I have to buy the breakfast room package then I PAID FOR BREAKFAST. Its not FREE.

Also had an issue with the ironing board and iron. The ironing board was broken and the iron leaked. I requested a new one and the Manager on Duty made a comment that "it wasn't acceptable that it didn't work correctly" and said he'd get one to me. When I came back from work, I had to request again because it had not been done. Don't act like its a big deal and not have follow through. The restaurant next door where breakfast was served was friendly and good food. I would highly recommend eating there.

All in All, the hotel is of decent quality. The rooms are small - average size. Upgraded beds are AWESOME. Service is Average, just depends on who you get. Attached Restaruant is worth it! I think next time I'm in Portland for business though I will find a different hotel. I think there are other hotels where I can get more for my money with same quality.

Room Tip: Pay the $10 for the better bed!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I went to stay at the hotel for the Portland RnR Half Marathon. I was going to go to bed early but our room didn't have blackout curtains and only had sheer (the pictures of the curtains to not move and are secured to the metal). The bed was soft (we are a big fan of soft beds), there was no elevator (which is fine for us) but could be an issue for other travelers. We ordered from the Pacific Grille Restaurant and were fantastic. They even delivered it to us since they weren’t busy and normally don’t deliver. Our stay was average minus the whole curtain issue..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milisa R
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The commendations were your usual hotel. I have stayed at Red Lions that were much nicer.
Room was ok with a very small bathroom..very small. It did have a nice area for dogs.
No Breakfast However the restaurant was good with an excellent server. A remodel from
another chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula F
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This motel had ample parking, a large grassy area for walking/exercising our dogs, and comfortable rooms. Even the basic King room, while not spacious, still had the amenities needed for being away from home, plus located close to the Main thoroughfare so we could reach destinations timely. For the quality received, the rates were reasonable. Get directions to the motel prior though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm not picky so there was little that will rattle me.
First impression when we went into building C was holy crap, is this a converted military barracks?? It was just a little off putting. We got into the room after navigating a disorderly hall from the maids (their linen bags were everywhere, their carts blocked part of the halls) My biggest worries, are bedbugs especially for an airport hotel. And guess what... clean!! That was a relief for me (it's the first thing I check for, mattress, headboard and pillows). I went to take a shower and there was a hair on the side of the wall, now this was a long black hair, longer than the hair on me head and I have red hair. Just a lot gross, the ceiling of the shower was beginning to get a yellow mold growing. The bathroom was really really tiny. When standing in the bathtub it sounded like it was going to bust out from the bottom and that was just a little scary. Check out was amazing, the girl at the front counter was so nice. She had the most welcoming smile and was super polite. I'd come back just for that service.

Room Tip: No plane noise at all, so not too bad. Go for a closer building though.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed here before. For a place to crash, you don't get better. Rooms are great, comfortable, clean and well equipped. The price is superb, and the restaurant offers great meals. Polite staff, and great service.

Room Tip: Choose a room upstairs it's quieter. There are no lifts in this hotel however.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business