“not a three star quality, more like a motel”

Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed December 4, 2011

not a three star quality, more like a motel, location not too good

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 2, 2011

This hotel is close to the airport; great service and great prices; and besides that, it is a good place for parking long term. We have stayed here several times and the service is always consistently good.

Room Tip: Our room was this time in the back. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
JatPat, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

Thanks for your feedback. We work very hard to be the best hotel for those traveling on a trip and need to leave their vehicle while they are out. With our park n fly rates starting at just $89 we are a great value as you can't even park your car at the aiprort for that price and with us you get both the room and parking.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I couldn't be more disappointed, the wallpaper in the bathroom was actually coming off the walls. They do not have a Complimentary breakfast and there tv channels are budget. Motel 6 rates better.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Paulazworld
JatPat, Public Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2011

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our hotel. Comparing us to a Motel 6 might be a little bit of a exaggeration for the following reasons: we offer on-site restaurant and lounge, pillow top beds, microwave and fridge in all rooms, complimentary use of business center, fitness center and provide 24 hour shuttle service to pdx . We know that there are many choices for travelers and we have done a great job to provide our guests with the best value for about 1/2 the price of the hotels in our area. We hope you find value in the items I have mentioned above and hope you give us another opportunity to take care of your lodging needs.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed here for one night because we got in at midnight and hotel was $58 that night. Beds were clean but bathroom was really dark. No light in the shower so it was literally like showering in the dark. Place was alright and staff was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thanks for your feedback on your experience with us. We do try to keep ourselves priced to be the best value we can. We have a great promotion going on right now called Stay Red, Save Green where you can get a room for $69. Our Park N Fly Packages are our best value where you can get a room for plus 7 nights of complimentary parking for only $89.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have stayed at the PDX Red Lion on multiple occasions. Most of those visits were certainly adequate. In fact, we had to cancel our reservation due to a plane delay, ultimately arrived, and were still able to book that evening. Most recently, my room smelled like a locker room - sweaty and disgusting. Although this is the first unpleasant experience at the hotel, the restaurant is another issue. I suspect the restaurant is under separate ownership, but really, what's the point of associating such a mediocre restaurant with a reasonable hotel. Last week, I went to the restaurant at 8:30 P.M., and the server told me not to sit down; that they were closing at 9 P.M. She finally agreed that I could order something to take out, so I ordered a salad. After nearly 20 minutes, it arrived. I believe the lettuce was under recall. I became so ill after eating some of the lettuce that I was almost incapable of flying in the A.M. I truly believe the restaurant should be examined by the health department. The other occasions that I have been in the restaurant, I have been the only customer. That probably means something. But, short of driving somewhere, that is the only game in town. I'm not sure that I'll stay here again mainly because of the restaurant. For the price, there are much better options.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We returned from a 2 week trip to find that our car had been stolen out of their lot while we were gone. Although they told us "this never happens," a van parked outside of guest registration had had their window broken out. The staff was sympathetic but not very concerned or helpful. Their is no video surveillance, fence, or checking on vehicles. This is an unsafe lot, for sure.

Otherwise, the hotel is fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was assigned to me when I "named a price". It was listed as a three-star and I would agree. Staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. Airport limo was ready when we were. Overall very satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family