“Nice hotel, quiet rooms”

Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
Ranked #55 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel was clean, quiet, and a little more upscale than the usual Holiday Inn. The beds were comfortable. The water pressure was fine. The fitness room was small, but nice, and the hotel staff was helpful and friendly.

My only real complaint was the lack of a fridge and microwave. You can check out a microwave from the front desk, but they didn't have one available when I asked.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A B
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

We wish to apologize that we were not able to provide you with a microwave. Many of our rooms are currently outfitted and we keep many to provide upon request. We recognize that this important to travelers and we are reviewing options to furnish all rooms.
We are thankful that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and helpful.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

located five minutes from PDX, you cannot improve on the location. If you stay there either prior to or after your arrival/departure, there is a shuttle that operates several times an hour. You can even park in the holiday lot for FREE. The saving over airport parking can even "'pay for" your accommodation. The lobby is recently renovated with an espresso bar by the front door.

Room Tip: stay high, away from the train track
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Del S
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport thanks you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate that you took advantage of our location: minutes from Downtown with a personal vehicle or with a complimentary shuttle ride to our local "Maxx" light rail system. We do offer a Park & Fly program, and while not intended to be free, it does offer substantial savings compared to other options in the area.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel was above average but every single staff I encountered was super friendly! The waitress at breakfast was very cheerful and talked to us every time she came and checked on us. The laundry guy said good morning and smiled. I called down to the front office because I forgot a personal item and then ran downstairs to get it and the lady got it for me without making a big deal in front of her male coworkers. Seriously nice environment!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport is very pleased that our staff made your experience so positive. We are extraordinarily proud of our staff and their genuine concern for the well being of our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It will be shared so all employees receive the feedback.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Was on our way home from Eugene and had to catch our flight in Portland. We slept here overnight to catch a flight home the next day. The hotel is close to airport. The room was clean and very comfortable. A nice hotel for a stopover.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport appreciates you taking the time to post a review. We are grateful that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to the airport and hope that you took advantage of our low Park & Fly rates.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn brand and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel has been remodeled and is nice looking. Staff was kind and friendly. The room was very small, too small. Very small bathroom counter, with no other space for hygiene items, especially for a four night stay. My room was right behind the elevator shaft and that was a tad annoying. Coffee maker and cups were on the desk, which didn't work for me but no other counter space to put them except on the night stand. Pillows were not comfy.
The restaurant was not very good either, luckily there are many other options within 15 min. The fitness room was decent (why I chose this place). The cardio machines were newer and worked with my heart monitor. Not the best set up, but spacious and better than most hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 803 (and probably 203, 303, 403, etc..)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

The Holiday Inn Portland Airport thanks you for the post and the recommendations to noise sensitive travelers to request a room away from an elevator. We strive to honor all requests, and are pleased to be accommodating to moving rooms whenever possible.
Thank you for the high marks for Value and Service, as these are core principles were strive for.
We are however sorry to read that you did not care for the restaurant offerings.
We offer a selection of pillow types, both Soft and Firm. Both are furnished in each room and are labelled so if there is a preference to one type over the other, we can supply an additional similar type.
We hope this information helps so that you will select the Holiday Inn again in the future and have an even more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel lobby is really nice - when I walked in I was really pleased. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was nice and friendly. I stayed 2 nights and my room was on the 8th floor - the very top floor. It was really quiet and I slept very well. The room was average, but clean - I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties that had nicer rooms though - so I don't understand the difference between a Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express. I've also stayed at the Radisson by the Portland Airport, which was nice - but I just felt safer at the Holiday Inn. When I return, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor - top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cedar_shake79
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We are delighted to that you stayed at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport and had a comfortable and restful stay. We are glad that you felt safe and secure and found the property clean and the staff efficient and friendly.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Holiday Inn exceeded every expectation. Very reasonably priced. Rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The hotel bar had a great selection and was reasonably priced. Free shuttles to the airport. This would be my choice of hotels the next time I fly into Portland.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marty D

Thank you for your post of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We are very pleased to have surpassed your every expectation!