“Staff was super friendly!”

Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
Ranked #53 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eugene, Oregon
“Staff was super friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel was above average but every single staff I encountered was super friendly! The waitress at breakfast was very cheerful and talked to us every time she came and checked on us. The laundry guy said good morning and smiled. I called down to the front office because I forgot a personal item and then ran downstairs to get it and the lady got it for me without making a big deal in front of her male coworkers. Seriously nice environment!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, January 10, 2014
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport is very pleased that our staff made your experience so positive. We are extraordinarily proud of our staff and their genuine concern for the well being of our guests.
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It will be shared so all employees receive the feedback.
We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Was on our way home from Eugene and had to catch our flight in Portland. We slept here overnight to catch a flight home the next day. The hotel is close to airport. The room was clean and very comfortable. A nice hotel for a stopover.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, January 2, 2014
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport appreciates you taking the time to post a review. We are grateful that you were able to take advantage of our proximity to the airport and hope that you took advantage of our low Park & Fly rates.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn brand and we look forward to your next stay.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel has been remodeled and is nice looking. Staff was kind and friendly. The room was very small, too small. Very small bathroom counter, with no other space for hygiene items, especially for a four night stay. My room was right behind the elevator shaft and that was a tad annoying. Coffee maker and cups were on the desk, which didn't work for me but no other counter space to put them except on the night stand. Pillows were not comfy.
The restaurant was not very good either, luckily there are many other options within 15 min. The fitness room was decent (why I chose this place). The cardio machines were newer and worked with my heart monitor. Not the best set up, but spacious and better than most hotels.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 803 (and probably 203, 303, 403, etc..)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, November 10, 2013
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport thanks you for the post and the recommendations to noise sensitive travelers to request a room away from an elevator. We strive to honor all requests, and are pleased to be accommodating to moving rooms whenever possible.
Thank you for the high marks for Value and Service, as these are core principles were strive for.
We are however sorry to read that you did not care for the restaurant offerings.
We offer a selection of pillow types, both Soft and Firm. Both are furnished in each room and are labelled so if there is a preference to one type over the other, we can supply an additional similar type.
We hope this information helps so that you will select the Holiday Inn again in the future and have an even more enjoyable stay.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel lobby is really nice - when I walked in I was really pleased. Check-in was a breeze and the staff was nice and friendly. I stayed 2 nights and my room was on the 8th floor - the very top floor. It was really quiet and I slept very well. The room was average, but clean - I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties that had nicer rooms though - so I don't understand the difference between a Holiday Inn and a Holiday Inn Express. I've also stayed at the Radisson by the Portland Airport, which was nice - but I just felt safer at the Holiday Inn. When I return, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: 8th floor - top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cedar_shake79
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, November 7, 2013
We are delighted to that you stayed at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport and had a comfortable and restful stay. We are glad that you felt safe and secure and found the property clean and the staff efficient and friendly.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Holiday Inn exceeded every expectation. Very reasonably priced. Rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The hotel bar had a great selection and was reasonably priced. Free shuttles to the airport. This would be my choice of hotels the next time I fly into Portland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marty D
Thank you for your post of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We are very pleased to have surpassed your every expectation!
Florence
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Registration area remodeled since last visit, very nice looking, and check-in was a snap, got to room within minutes. The rooms were clean and comfortable, got a good night's sleep. Was given a bunch of big comfortable pillows! The window drapes did not close all the way, which was kind of odd. Internet was fast and reliable. Heat worked fine. Bathroom was very clean and well stocked, though there was no fan in the room. Had dinner in the restaurant which was expensive and not a lot of choice - will drive elsewhere next time. Overall, ok, no big problems, just need new carpeting throughout as mentioned by others! Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We value the feedback and are glad that you found our amenities are plus. We are encouraged that a Senior Reviewer such as yourself rated us 4 or 5 stars on the separate categories.
We will review menu pricing and selection as noted, without compromising quality or our efforts to use as many local and regional products possible.
thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn and we look forward to your next stay.
Washington state
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here once we found a pet friendly near the airport. It was about 11 pm when we finally arrived. We had reservations at the residence inn but one bit of info they neglected to include was the $100 non refundable deposit for the pet. We said no way and bailed.

After several stops the HIE suggested here. We got a room and it was quiet. Wasn't what I would call clean but it was ok. Plus it was late so it was fine. Got a couple bags of chips one was past pull date and stale.

Next morning after a good nite rest we mentioned the stale chips. Our $ was refunded AND they comped our breakfast.my bacon wasn't cooked well enough so they did a do over and it was just to my liking.

Now I know why I am a loyal holiday inn member. They always do it right! Will recommend!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 24, 2013
We appreciate you posting a review of your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport. We are pleased that you provided us opportunities to make amends as issues arose so that in the end you left with a very positive feeling. We are very grateful that you gave us those opportunities and we earned your continued loyalty.

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn.