“good park and fly value but the beds are hard”

Ramada Portland Airport
Ranked #114 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Eugene OR
“good park and fly value but the beds are hard”
Reviewed June 26, 2006

The Ramada Inn at the Portland airport has a good park and fly package, a free week of parking for a night's stay. We paid around $80 for our room and the parking. It's a 10 min free shuttle drive from the airport, and the shuttle runs 24 hours (some places stop running their shuttle at night). There is also a free internet-connected computer in the lobby. The rooms we stayed in (we had two rooms, both at the start and end of our June 2006 trip) were clean and attractive.

The downsides were that the beds are hard (not a problem for our teen sons, but the older I get the more I notice bed quality!) and there was noise from other rooms (mainly kids running around upstairs, lots of thumping from little feet hitting the floor). Also the continental breakfast is pretty marginal....watered down juice drink, coffee with powdered creamer and trans-fat-loaded danishes in plastic. On the other hand they do serve this breakfast early (4am-7am) so if you have an early flight you can get something before you leave.

5 Thank KarenGH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Reviewed April 22, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for 1night.($67.50 with aaa discount) Staff was knowledgable about area informations and very friendly. The hotel has a free wireless internet, free continental breakfast, free shuttle service and a lot of other value services. I will stay this hotel again. Thank for all your staffs !

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2005

I had problems from the start...the shuttle was late getting to the airport to pickup guests, the front desk employees were not helpful at all nor sympathetic. They claimed the shuttle service was owned by an outside company and they had no control over the drivers.

The room was dingy and dark and the furniture was old and worn. The drapes looked like they were from the 1970's as did most of the furnishings. The carpet was so dirty it stained my socks. The shower stall had cracks in it and the bathroom ceiling had been patched and painted but not sanded, giving the impression it had been done by an amateur.

A family member stayed with me overnight and their car was broken into. Once again the front desk staff was unsympathetic. A woman who said she was the human resource and accounting manager was very rude and unwilling to help at all. The hotel manager was not available, according to this person.

The restaurant had torn carpet and the walls were stained and dirty. I will never stay at a Ramada again!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Reviewed August 3, 2005

The hotel was a little hard to locate. The road it's on is not continuous; so we rode around a lot to find it.

Hotel was nice, clean and comfortable. The restaurant was quite good.

Good expreience over all

• Stayed June 2005
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 23, 2005

Stayed here on business for one night in May 2005. I was pleasantly surprised and would have been happy to stay longer if my trip had necessitated. This was much nicer than I was expecting from a Ramada. My room was clean, spacious and contemporary, with a long wet bar spanning one wall, a mini-fridge, a table with two upholstered chairs where it would have been perfectly comfortable to eat a meal or spread out work papers, and of course, a standard desk.

The bathroom was also clean, modern and well-sized, with plenty of counter space.

I stayed here for a workshop that I was leading at the hotel. The hotel staff were very helpful on all aspects of our meeting.

My business partner and I ate dinner in the hotel bar, as it was 9:00 pm and the restaurant was closed. The bar served the same menu as the restaurant -- good Northwest-style menu with seafood specialties -- and the food was surprisingly good; we were both happy with our meals. Our server was attentive and excellent.

I would be happy to stay at the Ramada again if I need to be near the Portland airport.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank moonflower68
Reviewed May 23, 2005

I stayed at this Inn for two nights. It was in a room with a queen size bed. It has a cable tv, iron and iron board, coffee maker with one regular coffee packet and one decaf packet, two mugs, and three glasses. Yellow and white pages and Portland guide are in the drawer of TV desk. I did not know about it until a few minutes before I was going to check out.

Great room, and great customer service especially from the two staff who where working on (5/21/05) Sat night/Sun morning. The inn provides a free shuttle service from the airport to the inn and vice versa.

If you don't plan to rent a car, you can use the shuttle to go to the airport and hop on the trian (MAX red line) to go to downtown. All day ticket cost 3 dollar and some change, and you can use it on MAX, bus and tram. Highly recommanded!

No complimentary breakfast, however you can buy some at the inn cafe. I forgot the name but, the platter included two sandwiches made with cheese, ham and scrambled egg; hashbrown and a small cup of friuts. The cost was 8 dollars and some change. Taste very good.

Check out time is at noon (12pm). There is a shuttle which leaves from the inn at 11:50am to the airport.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 12, 2005

We recently stayed at the Portland Airport Ramada with the park and fly package.($55.00 up to 14 days of free secure parking and two coupons for a free hot breakfast)When we got to our room it was a little old and worn but very clean.They have a outdoor pool(opens Memorial day) The breakfast was great!Bacon,eggs,biscuits and gravey,fruit,bagels,cereal,toast.That night we went to the lounge to have a drink and order some food.Good prices, great food and service.Will stay here again for sure!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2004