“Worked out great!”

Ranked #112 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Oregon
“Worked out great!”
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Stayed here to sleep a night at the hotel before flying out of PDX and to get 8 days parking. The room was great for the price, the shuttle was timely, and the car was safe for the duration. That's pretty much what we aimed to get, so no complaints here. The front desk check-in went very smooth, the desk clerk was friendly, and the shuttle drivers insisted on grabbing the luggage for us and dropping us right at the car when we finished our trip.

i guess it would be nice if the Ramada offered a continental breakfast like almost all of the competition, but in truth, it wasn't really missed.

Overall, I'd like to thank Ramada's staff for being an enjoyable part of our trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Inn the night before we went home. With their convenient shuttle service, we turned in our rental car early and saved some $$. I like their idea of being able to park your car here while you go on a trip from Portland, but it does make it hard to find a parking place. The room we stayed in was very nice with a fridge and a large bathroom. The soaps smelled so good...like SweeTarts. We saw a pool, but didn't have time to check it out. The two internet computers were bonus and we were able to print out our boarding passes before we went to the airport.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
ramadapdx, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Thank you for your comments!
We are extremely pleased that you found our hotel to be exactly what you were looking for! We are very convenient to local and distant travelers searching for a deal. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 26, 2009

This hotel was nicer than I expected. I simply booked the cheapest park and fly hotel with 17 days of parking ($5/day extra over 14 days) in Portland. My room had a fridge and microwave which was a nice bonus. The sheets were new and clean and very comfortable although the bed was a bit hard. The airport shuttle was on time in the morning, and free coffee is provided both in the lobby and in the room. Incidentally, I was able to pArk my car right in front of my room, although maybe I just got lucky! The long-term parking is everything that is not right against the building, but my spot was closer to the door than many hotels I have stayed at that were not park and fly. I even drove to the store (there is a Plaid Pantry not far away) and my spot was still there when I got back! The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful as was the shuttle driver. All in all, a better experience than I expected.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments!
It is very important to us, especially in these difficult economic times, that you receive quality, good service, and a great rate! We are greatly encouraged by your helpful review!
Pacific City oregon
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I frequently use this hotel when I fly by myself because it is conveniently located and has all of the amenities I like. The rooms are safe, clean and affordable. The shuttle service is prompt and the staff goes out of their way to provide personable service. There is a surprisingly good, reasonably priced restaurant and bar off the lobby. I have stayed here many times and always have had positive experiences.

When my family came to visit I decided to stay at the Ramada beause iI knew we would all have a good time there. They did not disappoint. The hotel is very kid friendly.

The hotel is easily accessible to Portland, Willamette Valley, the Gorge, and Washington State so we were able to visit many attractions without driving very far.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
ramadapdx, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2009
Thank you for your comments! The Ramada is certainly a convenient Hotel for travelling in many different directions as you pointed out. It is encouraging to know that our staff made your stay that much more enjoyable! Our ultimate goal is our guests comfort and safety. We look forward to the next time you stay with us!
Oregon
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This Hotel was perfect for what we were looking for. We left our car and stayed at the hotel on our return....reverse park and fly?...and it worked out wonderfully! Our car was safe and the room was clean. There is a really nice swimming pool area in the middle of the hotel so it wasn't hard to find. the front desk staff were friendly and accomodating when we needed more pillows. We will come back the next time we fly out of Portland!
I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
ramadapdx, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2009
Thank you Infomercial Junkie for your kind observations! We do try to accomodate all of our guest's needs. I am happy that your experience with us was a plesant one.
I look forward to the next opportunity to serve your lodging needs. Have a great day!
Reno
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I had a great experience at the Ramada. I stayed the night before my my flight and left my car for the park and fly. The Front desk agent told me to check for parking near my room and sure enough I found parking. The room was clean, they had just finished putting refrigerator/microwaves in all the rooms.
The one thing I am VERY happy about is that they removed the bedspreads. I don't know about you but the first thing that I throw on the floor is bedspreads..who knows how often those things get washed?? I felt much more comfortable knowing that my sheets are actually clean!
The front desk staff was helpful about dinner reservations and very friendly. The shuttle left on time! ( good thing we came down a little early)

All in all it is a good service for the price. We will stay there again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
ramadapdx, Assistant General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2009
Thank you Yejin1020 for your comments. We have undergone many renovations and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to the next time you are in the Portland area.
Los Angeles
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We stayed in the middle of August. It was for a family reunion, and we were not used to staying in this low of class of hotels. Overall it was average, there were a few problems, and concerns. BEWARE of the pool, turns blonde hair into a green mess, so green that in the shower the shampoo turned blue from chlorine. Other blondes didn't seem to have a problem though, might just be the hair. about a night into our stay, we realized our bedroom door didn't properly shut, the staff were quite nice to fix it. The restaurant is not the greatest food, never busy so expect to be pretty quick. The food was bland, and a little to oniony for me, but if you wanna get something good here, get the hot chocolate, they pile a mountain of whip cream. The location, plain horrible, literally on the wrong side of the tracks, downtown is about 30 minutes away, and there is nothing to do...
Room is no frills, a little moldy carpet, bathroom is a cruise ship bath...
It's liveable, but don't expect anything better than average.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to know that our staff made every effort to ensure your comfort and safety. I do apologize about the swimming pool incident, however; the chemical levels are inspected and regulated by county Health Standards.
It is my hope that you will give us another try and see the improvements that we have made!