“bad internet”

Ranked #111 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Seattle, Washington
“bad internet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is very old and needs a fresh look, the wireless does not work most of the time. The hotel should install a hard lan internet drop in all the rooms would fix this. Suite rooms are very big but dated from the 70's. The bar is Avg and also in need of a make over and better food. Hot tub still broken for several months. Help at the front desk was great in changing rooms when need.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GMRamadaPortland, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. I am sorry about the problems with the internet. I am currently working on getting this fixed. I am taking bids on a complete overhaul of our network and hope to be moving forward on an upgrade this week. I would love to run hard LAN but is both to expensive and ineffective as most people want to use their wireless device such as smartphone or tablet. I will be focusing on getting more bandwidth and more access points to ensure that everyone gets the coverage they need. We are also planning on renovating the hotel this winter as well as the lounge and the restaurant. I am also working on a new menu and will be attending a trade show this week to sample new items. I am hoping to roll out a new menu in the next month or two. I most likely will not be fixing our Hot Tub and have taken it off of our property description, the cost is to high for the number of people who actually use it. I hope to see you again and get some feedback after the menu change.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Walla Walla
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Due to the layout of the hotel, finding your way back to your room from the restaurant was a bit hard. But the hotel staff were friendly and accomodating, and the place was clean, so I am a happy customer.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

TriCities, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I had prepaid a room earlier in the week and then stayed again last night while our car was kept parked all week while we were away in California. We got in late last night as our flight arrived late. The clerk who checked us in kept saying we did not pay for our parking. We kept telling them we prepaid when we stayed earlier in the week. He kept telling us that we didn't, and got angry with us by saying there was no proof and we needed to pay again. I finally got into my luggage and found the receipt and showed it to him. He said it wasn't his fault as he didn't have any receipt, and I said that maybe they should improve their records and manners. I have never been treated like that before. We got to our room where the room had not been cleaned, sheets were dirty and garbage in garbage cabs and dirty towels. This was really bad to go into a filthy room after being treated like we were. I will not recommend Ramada and also will not be returning. I will also write to the health inspector as well as their corporate.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here, unless you like unclean rooms, with trash in garbage cans before you arriv...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Woodland Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've done Ramada Inn many times. This was the first where toilet wasn't working. I could have called it in, but was so exhausted to go through that whole process, I fixed it myself. The floor was pretty dirty. Shoes had to be worn at all times to prevent extremely dirty socks. There was half a burrito and salsa left in the freezer from a previous guest...I assume. Not a good time. I definitely will NOT be returning here ever again.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Travelers also viewed these Portland hotels
Howard Johnson Portland Airport
#66 of 139 in Portland
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Airport
#89 of 139 in Portland

Been to Ramada Portland Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Portland Airport

Property: Ramada Portland Airport
Address: 6221 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97220
Location: United States > Oregon > Portland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #111 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Portland Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Portland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Portland Airport Hotel Portland