“I was extremely happy with my stay”

Econo Lodge at Port of Portland
Ranked #105 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great nightly rates and they obviously just did a remodel. There are granite counter tops all throughout the room. Very modern nice/comfortable furniture. The couch in my room was big enough for my 6'5" boyfriend to lay on comfortably. The shower heads have different settings to meet your shower needs! (that's important to me and my back.) There's a hot tub, and a sauna- both I used every day. The staff is friendly and made me feel more comfortable with my stay. The location is so perfect for someone with a car or someone without one. It is located directly across from a transit center! and right next to the freeway. so its very easily accessible. Overall I had a great stay. I will return !

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank savvycat2014
EconoLodgePDX, Manager at Econo Lodge at Port of Portland, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear savvycat2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We do try our best to make each guest's stay comfortable. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are looking forward to your return
visit.

Sincerely
Manager

Reviewed December 21, 2013

serves as a great hub for all areas of Portland...very close to any activity...waterfalls, bald eagles, downtown , the airport as well as all freeways...and then there's the trip down historical Hwy 30...whatever time of year, whatever weather, grab you camera and consider the Gorge as a must see...all very easy to get to from this motel...keep up the great work

Room Tip: the floors creak...lighting was poor...noise can be excessive till about 10:00 p.m....traffic noise...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Danny J

It is so nice of you to do the review for our hotel. Portland is a great area to visit and being on the Trimet Max Line makes it great for guests who want to see the area but do not want to rent a car.
The hotel has brochures on things to do in the area and the front desk staff can help with Trimet Max Line schedules and maps if you are driving.

Manager

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Room was big and clean but had cigarette burn holes in the blankets, think they could've easily replaced it.
The staff uses a very hands off approach or they are short staffed, you pick.
It would be a better place to stay if breakfast was better (skimpy and very small selection), cleaner facility (grounds wasn't kept up, elevator was dirty), holes in blanket (should have been replaced asap). It lacks attention to details, that's the only way I can describe it.
Overall my stay was good, very quite and peaceful at night. Convenient location made my commute easy. Staff was friendly and efficient.
I would recommend for the price but there are many motels in the area that you should take the time to compare.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear dagoodlife00

I am so sorry that housekeeping put a blanket meant for a smoking room on your bed. Thank you for letting me know. I have addressed the housekeepers on this issue.

Choice Hotels breakfast standards for our hotel are 1 sweet bread, 1 non sweet bread, 1 fruit,
orange juice and coffee. Our hotel has 3 flavors of muffins, honey buns, cereal bars, bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter, butter, jelly, apples, oranges, coffee, orange juice and tea..

We are now in the middle of getting our landscaping done. Weeds pulled, bushes trimmed. Thank you for letting us know we were falling behind.

I am happy to hear that you found the staff friendly and efficient.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I travel to Portland several times a year to shop - no sales tax - and stay at a variety of hotels. This hotel is conveniently located right on Sandy Blvd. off the I-205 freeway and takes maybe 20 minutes to drive to downtown. The check-in was easy and friendly. Free parking was great. The room was clean and spacious with plenty of furniture. The free wi-fi, microwave and refrigerator are very handy and pretty much a requisite for me any more. The complimentary breakfast consisted of fresh fruits, fruit juices, and some bagels or muffins. If you needed more, they suggested Elmers which is just further up Sandy Blvd. That place was dangerous! Very yummy food, not gourmet but you get a lot. The only downside for this hotel were the very thin walls. I could hear people coming, going, or taking their showers. For what you get, this hotel was a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway and busy Sandy Blvd.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tokyorose50
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Tried to find a reasonably priced motel near the airport. This is directly across from a big bus station, public transit lot. My son flies out tomorrow, we spent five days in adorable Bend, Oregon. On check in we were advised that the hot tub was ot working. We were told that we could not accept visitors to our motel room after 9pm and if the neighbors were loud after 9pm or seemed to be breaking the rules to please let management know. We thought this odd until we went to the room. Weird guy staring out the window seemed to be watching for someone to drive in to the parking lot. Smoking woman came out of room next to ours leaving what sounde like 3 kids in the room, very loud crying, fighting, etc. We left for dinner and a movie, woman was still outside, marching through parking lot. Now a man with shaved head is outside our room on cell phone, smoking pot. It is 11:45pm on a Sunday night. We saw a movie at a cool old theater called the Hollywood Theatre, but the return to the room is a joke. Refrigerator makes a loud noise, and running the heater sucks in the smoke from the parade of characters outside our room. I hope our stuff is okay in our SUV. Cannot recommend!
What a pit. Rooms devoid of charm, fridge is old, ancient tv, fluorescent lighting, people walking overhead, thin walls, kind of scary, no nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've stayed at this NE Portland motel two separate occasions recently and am very satisfied with it. With smallish Senior Citizen discount my well appointed, clean room w 2 nice queen beds was only $65, total, and that includes Portland's high room tax (12 1/2 %). Staff is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. Emphasize Very Clean & quiet & everything works (TV, air/heat, microwave etc.) Was actually thrilled to be able to stay in smoking room, a rarity in these parts. Near airport, right next to major transit center (downtown is 15-20 minutes away on pleasant bus run thru cool old neighborhoods) - a frequent service route. Decent b'fast w fresh fruit & the usual continental fare. Good hike to the Columbia R not far away. Check it out.

Room Tip: I always choose a top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge on Nov. 02, 2013 for a quick overnight stay. The customer service by Robin was excellent!! The room was freshly painted and the bedding was new and fresh. It was an excellent deal for the price.
I really appreciated having a useable TV guide & HBO guide.

Phyllis Hull