“Horrible owner ever”

Days Inn Portland Central
Ranked #101 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Clean room as expected from a days inn. The most rude people and poor business put together. Lost my reservation, worked poorly on assisting me in locating me a room, and found that it has been canceled from the owner. I would never recommend this location to anyone ever!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Portland Central

Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Assuming you're looking for a place to sleep/rest when you're not otherwise working, this is the place. The room (room 229) was clean, well-appointed, and had good WIFI. The most impressive thing was how quiet it was - considering its closeness to both a major Portland street (82nd Avenue) and a freeway overpass (I-84). And the air-conditioning was absolutely Heaven. I was fully prepared to give this hotel a five-star rating but dropped it down to four stars based on one thing.
...
Often times on trips like this, I work in my room through the night (I'm a night-owl) and sleep during the day. It's quieter at night and the type of work I do (computer repair) is best done during quiet times. So, I make it a point to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door during days. On the first morning of a 2-night stay (Sept. 20), I had the sign on my door while I slept. I was not disturbed by a knock on my door. But, a housekeeping person "phoned" me to make sure I didn't want housekeeping done. It woke me up out of a sound sleep. Point is, it kind-of defeats the whole purpose behind the DO NOT DISTURB sign. Housekeeping should be instructed that DO NOT DISTURB means DO NOT DISTURB ... by a knock OR a phone call.

Room Tip: If you're a night-owl (like me) and sleep during the day, tell the manager when you check in tha...
Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Firstly, this is a motel that is what it is. It's a little dated, but everything in my room worked, the bed was comfy, the free wifi works well, and, as a base to get out and about, it wasn't too bad.

But I have to agree with many, many other reviewers who say that the owners / managers are some of the grumpiest, rudest people I've ever met. It's not about smiling falsely, it's about not making people feel as if they're imposing simply by giving you custom.

They also photocopy your documents when you check in, something I've never seen done before. How secure is that? What happens to the copies when you leave? I'd never return for that reason alone. It's outrageous and, in some countries, would be banned for data protection purposes.

Have a problem after 10pm? Tough luck: the manager says he doesn't answer the bell after that time. Want breakfast? Get a move on, because you'll be shoved out of the door. Want to check-in a little early? No way, Jose.

I felt like an intruder the entire time I was on the premises. Really poor.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Days Inn Portland for two nights. Our room had two queen size beds and they were very comfortable. The room was clean and well maintained. The bathtub has an anti-slip finish on it that was very dark grey and appeared dirty, although I don't believe it was. It just didn't make the thought of a bath at all desirable. The room itself was very nice. Clean and well furnished. The coffee maker wasn't great. The stay was pleasant enough and I would stay here again as the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends