“Good Place to Stay”

Days Inn Portland Central
Ranked #98 of 141 Hotels in Portland
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night while visiting Portland. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the downtown area. The room was a bit on the small side, but everything was very clean. The bathroom, which was actually a pretty good size, was also very clean. The bed was one of the more comfortable ones I've slept in. Property was quiet at night. No issues here. Decent place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I expected more modest accomodations, but was pleasantly surprised to find a clean and cheerful room. Excellent value for the money. Fast WiFi, manager helpful. Yes there is some traffic noise, but the proximity to light rail across the street cannot be beat. Easy access to downtown either on MAX or by car. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, we were surprised at the poor location; noise area and not a great neighborhood. The room we were offered on arriving was dirty and low quality for the price. We aren't the kind of people that need a fancy room, but this was overpriced. When we spoke to the manager, he was unfriendly and said we could have another room ... for an additional $20! We left without staying. We've had better experiences at Motel 6!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris G
denish1530, Owner at Days Inn Portland Central, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We've gone back and checked our records and we have no record of any such person that tried to stay at our hotel who voiced such a complaint. We take these kind of accusations seriously and would not offer another room for an additional amount.

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed here last summer when we were visiting a friend who was living in Portland at the time. We found this inn first and decided to just go with it and stay here. Surprisingly, the rooms were better than we expected. Clean, spacious, and nicely decorated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My first visit to Portland, was happy to get a great price on a room. After I checked in, realized I've been duped - was not impressed with Front Desk management or family. I was made aware of all these rules I had to abide too, was also given the list of 14 rules. The rules were posted in room & layed out on the office desk. felt like I was in some foreign country. While I was in front desk area someone else who was staying there said it was the worst place they've ever stayed at. I didn't feel safe going outside at night. They had cameras everywhere, makes me wonder is it for management to enforce their rules or because high crime area, maybe both. I was called twice by management that no guests after 9pm, I had no one in my room. The room was basic, one if the pillows had brown marks in the underside, the blanket had several burn marks in it. Their was no regular coffee in room only decafe. The little things were ok to deal with, the hotel front desk was awful to deal with, looks like it was owned by a family from India. They were just rude to deal with, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
Medford, OR
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went to Portland on a trip, and only used my card twice on the day we arrived; once at the gas station, and the second time at the hotel. They photocopied my id, my boyfriend's id, as well as my debit card... which is not normal compared to my other hotel stays anywhere else.
The very next day I had $260 worth of fraudulent spending on my debit card, which has now been cancelled and I am being sent a new one.
I talked to my bank today, and from what I described with what happened at the hotel, they said it is very likely that it was the hotel trying to make the purchases on my debit card.
That, and the service up front wasn't very friendly, and the room smelled VERY strongly of chlorine. Gross.
Oh! AND, when we arrived, the room we wanted wasn't available, so they offered us a room with 2 queen beds instead of the 1 king bed. Would have been fine, but the lady up front told us very rudely that we were only allowed to use one of the beds.
Never staying there again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
denish1530, Owner at Days Inn Portland Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Caitlin S.

I'm very concerned that you believe that our business and any of my employees would ever use a guest's card for fraudulent purposes. In no way would we ever use a guest's card for anything other than charging the price we specifically tell you. We honestly do not have any record of a Caitlin S. staying at our hotel so if you would please contact me right away so that we can get this straightened out, I would love to be at your service. Our inn number is 503-253-1151.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room was very clean and convenient to the MAX train- BUT the front desk service was the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel EVER. The owner chased us out of the lobby and accused us to having extra people in our room, charging us an additional $30 screaming "You had THAT lady in your room!". "that lady" who was coming and going from our room was my sister whom we were visiting. She has her own house. We will never stay at this location again, I dont care how clean it is.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family