“Price Good, Stay Awful.. Not a good area of town.”

Days Inn Portland Central
Ranked #101 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My first visit to Portland, was happy to get a great price on a room. After I checked in, realized I've been duped - was not impressed with Front Desk management or family. I was made aware of all these rules I had to abide too, was also given the list of 14 rules. The rules were posted in room & layed out on the office desk. felt like I was in some foreign country. While I was in front desk area someone else who was staying there said it was the worst place they've ever stayed at. I didn't feel safe going outside at night. They had cameras everywhere, makes me wonder is it for management to enforce their rules or because high crime area, maybe both. I was called twice by management that no guests after 9pm, I had no one in my room. The room was basic, one if the pillows had brown marks in the underside, the blanket had several burn marks in it. Their was no regular coffee in room only decafe. The little things were ok to deal with, the hotel front desk was awful to deal with, looks like it was owned by a family from India. They were just rude to deal with, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Portland Central

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Went to Portland on a trip, and only used my card twice on the day we arrived; once at the gas station, and the second time at the hotel. They photocopied my id, my boyfriend's id, as well as my debit card... which is not normal compared to my other hotel stays anywhere else.
The very next day I had $260 worth of fraudulent spending on my debit card, which has now been cancelled and I am being sent a new one.
I talked to my bank today, and from what I described with what happened at the hotel, they said it is very likely that it was the hotel trying to make the purchases on my debit card.
That, and the service up front wasn't very friendly, and the room smelled VERY strongly of chlorine. Gross.
Oh! AND, when we arrived, the room we wanted wasn't available, so they offered us a room with 2 queen beds instead of the 1 king bed. Would have been fine, but the lady up front told us very rudely that we were only allowed to use one of the beds.
Never staying there again!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
denish1530, Owner at Days Inn Portland Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Caitlin S.

I'm very concerned that you believe that our business and any of my employees would ever use a guest's card for fraudulent purposes. In no way would we ever use a guest's card for anything other than charging the price we specifically tell you. We honestly do not have any record of a Caitlin S. staying at our hotel so if you would please contact me right away so that we can get this straightened out, I would love to be at your service. Our inn number is 503-253-1151.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room was very clean and convenient to the MAX train- BUT the front desk service was the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel EVER. The owner chased us out of the lobby and accused us to having extra people in our room, charging us an additional $30 screaming "You had THAT lady in your room!". "that lady" who was coming and going from our room was my sister whom we were visiting. She has her own house. We will never stay at this location again, I dont care how clean it is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather G
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I came to see my daughter for Mother's Day and since she lives in Portland, I didn't want to intrude so I surprised her by staying at a motel. I decided on Days Inn because it was close to the airport and also close to my daughter's home. I had an excellent stay and when I come back, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary Ellen A
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for the last night of our recent trip to Oregon. We chose this Days Inn because of the price ($60!) and the convenience of the location. It's not in the prettiest or cleanest part of Portland, but there is a MAX station 100 feet away which meant easy transportation from downtown and to the airport in the morning for our early flight. We drove to the hotel and the guy at the front desk was nice enough to let us leave our luggage secure in the lobby until it was time to check in. That way, we were free to go drop our rental car off in downtown and enjoy our last day walking around Portland. When we were ready to check into the hotel, we just hopped on the train to get back. The room was very clean and comfortable...I wasn't expecting much from a $60 hotel room, and I was pleasantly surprised. Overall, this hotel was a great place to just crash for the night on our way out of town.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fryauffe
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stayed in the Days Inn for six nights while attending an conference in Portland.
Upon arriving, at about 10:30 pm the front desk was empty so I rang the bell. Out came a man who was not pleased to see my at all and not very helpful at the same time. He did check me in and I went to my room. Wanting the wi-fi password I called the front desk and again I was met with the worst service ever. The man was very rude and not at all someone that should work with people!
That aside, the rooms are small and dark. There is one window looking out to the parking area, so opening it will mean everyone can look in at your room. There is aircon which is extremely noisy.
The fridge is also very noise which made sleeping difficult. The nearby highway is also very very noisy, even late at night. So overall it is a very noisy place, even the neighborhood is noisy...
As far the stay it self, it was ok. I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I think the bed might have had bed-bugs. I itched throughout the day, even though I showered each morning, but I didn't see any bed-bugs, so I am not sure. I found toe-nail clippings in the bathroom (not mine) but the rest was pretty clean.
I bought some things I kept in the fridge (which froze most of the things inside) and some of it disappeared through the day.
At least the location is not too bad. The MAX-train stops only a couple of meters away from the hotel. The red, green and blue trains stop there and the airport is only a few stops away.

Overall not the best stay. Staff is horrible and the noise in and outside the rooms are rather bad. But it is very cheap and the location is also great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Tsvdheever
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We paid $67 for this room, so for this price the hotel was okay. The rooms are definitely older but for the most part it was clean. It had easy acess to the freeway which is why we chose to stay here in the first place. Had this room been more expensive I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family