“Choose A Different Place!”

Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #104 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I can recommend this property, if you don't mind a dumpy, smelly dirt-pile. I'm sure it was a decent place, in say 1957 or so.
We went to a business conference in the Rose Garden and chose to stay here because it's just a few blocks walk. What a mistake.
Decades ago in Coal City, Kentucky I had the privilege of visiting an equally fine property: dirty, smelly, stale tobacco (smoke-free, hah!), grubby corners: don't you dare go bare foot. Overall an incomparable treat!
You get the picture.
I've been in better places when I traveled overseas in the Navy.

Room Tip: Choose the hotel across the street.
Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here overnight Friday September 21, 2012. I reserved this hotel because it was located close to Lloyd Center Mall and I had planned to shop the next day. My room was pleasantly very nice. I had a big king sized bed, which was soft, had expensive linens and comforter. Everything appeared clean and for $89/night in Portland, I felt a very good deal. I didn't eat the breakfast but the reservation came with a continental breakfast the following morning. I would recommend this hotel for its location and value for the price.

Room Tip: Great Location and Value
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE! I stayed here because of the reasonable rates and because of its proximity to downtown. On the second night we were there, i was startled by bed bugs that suddenly crawled on my pillow! I panicked, as i know how bed bugs can be disastrous and hitch hike home with you. I packed the fastest ive ever done so in my life and got out of there. I explained the situation to the front desk clerk JOSHUA, who kurtly told me that it was not his responsibility. I reminded him that as an employee, it was his responsibility to tell his manager. He had a blank look in his face like he didnt care. We got out of there at midnight and drove back into seattle, at 2 am. After we got home, a week later, i got extensive bites. I had a pest control company come in and do a sweep of my whole apt. This whole experience has been beyond disastrous and stressful. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I dont know what was worse, the bed bugs, or the smug non chalant attitude of the front desk clerk JOSHUA.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Valerie W
manager431, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We are sorry you had a this experience and if you felt our night auditor was not responsive. The auditor did get your message to me and we did have Orkin come out the same day to do an inspection of the room you stayed in and couple of room around the room but no bed bugs were found. We still went ahead and treated the room you stayed in to be sure and several rooms around those room. Bed bugs are a huge problem in our industry and we take it very seriously when a guest complains of bed bugs. It is a problem we have to deal with immediately and Orkin has checked many rooms to make sure that there are no bed bugs. I can assure you that we did not and we do not have this problem.
As for the attitude of our auditor, I do apologize and I have done corrective action with the auditor.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed with my boyfriend at the Quality Inn at the Convention Center for 3 nights so we could have a long weekend get away. We went to a couple of music shows, a wedding, and out to eat. This hotel was located in just the right spot to get to all of those!

We had a comfortable room with a queen bed, an easy-chair, and a desk. The bed was comfortable.

The bathrooms here could use some updating, but they were clean and functional. The water-pressure in the shower left something to be desired and the shower spigot was placed really low on the wall. I'm 5'6" and I had to duck a bit to wash my hair under the shower. Tall people would probably be quite annoyed.

I'd stay here again, just because the location is so convenient, the price is reasonable, parking is free, and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we stayed two nights. I had booked two rooms. The girl on reception as she was asking me questions; she kept saying sweet. A little time later she asked me if I was ok. The rooms were ok and clean. However you could hear the people above us. Breakfast was nice and the guy working the breakfast room was very pleasent and helpful.
The pool was not great.
The place could do with a little paint work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here one night; frontdesk made a very positive impression rightaway, friendly and helpful on some of my inquiries. Room was clean and spacious. Nearby Denny's made not much of an impression. Transport to town within walking distance. Lloyd Center also within walking distance and has plenty of shops, foodcourt, etc.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tripdogg
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I picked this hotel at the last minute to be close to the convention center. On the positive side: the price was a bargain, the location was good and the room was clean. Unfortunately the walls are paper thin and I could hear my very vocal neighbors late into the night. The room also shakes at times truck or the train goes by outside. The room and hotels is old and dated. This place needs an overhaul.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business