“Clean and the place smells nice :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
Ranked #64 of 138 Hotels in Portland
Kingman, Arizona
“Clean and the place smells nice :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised how nice this hotel is. The whole place is really clean and nice smelling. Our room was very nice too. Yes, its a bit out of the way, but the bus to downtown comes right in front of the hotel every fifteen minutes. I'm happy with my choice :)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The two best parts of this hotel: the price and the free hot breakfast. This hotel was the cheapest hotel in NW portland with a pool, an absolute necessity. The hot breakfast included BISCUTS AND GRAVY, and scrambled eggs. The location of the hotel was OK, but was in an industrial area far from downtown.

• Stayed June 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This was sort of our last resort for accommodation in Portland, everything else was fully booked for the weekend (for some reason we couldn't understand). So, my hopes were not very high, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The pros: clean, nice rooms with lots of space, lots of TV channels (?), breakfast included
The cons: not walking distance to/from the city centre, part of a hotel chain (less personal), breakfast not the yummiest (but it kept us full enough to go into town for a second breakfast)

It's easy to take a bus/cab (20 min bus, $10-15 for a cab) to downtown, but it's a hassle if you want to go to the room to leave things/have a nap. There is not much around the hotel, just a convenience store (closes at 10 or 11 pm) and an industrial area.
The hotel has a pool and a hot tub, looked ok but we never used it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here while in Portland for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. I chose La Quinta because dogs of any size stay free. Also, this is a smoke-free property, which is nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. As we were pulling into the parking lot, a Portland police officer was also pulling up. Not a great sign. Apparently, someone had left drug paraphernalia in a room so an officer was called. Other than this surprise upon arrival, there didn't seem to be any other shenanigans going on while I was there.

My room was located on the third floor and had one king size bed. The room was clean had plenty of room for my dog's bed, his toys, plus all my stuff. I love the little Keurig one cup coffee maker. The bed was really comfy and the hallways stayed pretty quiet. When taking a shower the first morning, the tub filled up quickly with water. I pulled about and half cup of hair (seriously gross!) out of the drain. If it wasn't for this, I'd probably give this place 5 stars.

The location was fine. I was perfectly happy NOT staying right downtown, but still being close enough to get there quickly. I wish I had had more time to check out all the trails at Forest Park behind Yeon Ave. All in all, a decent place to stay, especially compared to the prices at other places closer to downtown.

Room Tip: The third floor is probably the most quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SeattleJen41
Pendleton, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

when reading the site for this hotel said "restaurant on site" I couldn't find one since we had taken our grandson to Randall's kids Hospital I didn't feel like driving all over looking for one. only thing close is a McDonalds, we were there for two nights other than that the room was nice and clean. he breakfast wish the guy doing it Wednesday morning would of taken the bread, bagels and muffins out of the bag I didn't like eating out of it after someone reached their hands into it.

Room Tip: we were on the 1st floor was muggy with the pool but still nice a/c was pretty quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marysville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My bff and I stayed two nights this week on the 3rd floor. It has definitely been updated recently and is well maintained, and the beds are really comfortable. Yes, the 2 queen room is a bit tight for space, but we mostly just slept there so how much room do you need? :)

The staff are all very friendly, and even though it's on a busy thoroughfare in an heavily industrialized area of town, it was very quiet at night. It's a bit of a drive to get downtown, but it's just a skip and a jump to NW 23rd Ave which is a swanky shopping district. All in all we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends