“Not bad - would stay again”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
Ranked #63 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Bothell, Washington
“Not bad - would stay again”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed here while in Portland for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. I chose La Quinta because dogs of any size stay free. Also, this is a smoke-free property, which is nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. As we were pulling into the parking lot, a Portland police officer was also pulling up. Not a great sign. Apparently, someone had left drug paraphernalia in a room so an officer was called. Other than this surprise upon arrival, there didn't seem to be any other shenanigans going on while I was there.

My room was located on the third floor and had one king size bed. The room was clean had plenty of room for my dog's bed, his toys, plus all my stuff. I love the little Keurig one cup coffee maker. The bed was really comfy and the hallways stayed pretty quiet. When taking a shower the first morning, the tub filled up quickly with water. I pulled about and half cup of hair (seriously gross!) out of the drain. If it wasn't for this, I'd probably give this place 5 stars.

The location was fine. I was perfectly happy NOT staying right downtown, but still being close enough to get there quickly. I wish I had had more time to check out all the trails at Forest Park behind Yeon Ave. All in all, a decent place to stay, especially compared to the prices at other places closer to downtown.

Room Tip: The third floor is probably the most quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SeattleJen41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed May 16, 2013

when reading the site for this hotel said "restaurant on site" I couldn't find one since we had taken our grandson to Randall's kids Hospital I didn't feel like driving all over looking for one. only thing close is a McDonalds, we were there for two nights other than that the room was nice and clean. he breakfast wish the guy doing it Wednesday morning would of taken the bread, bagels and muffins out of the bag I didn't like eating out of it after someone reached their hands into it.

Room Tip: we were on the 1st floor was muggy with the pool but still nice a/c was pretty quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Marysville, Washington
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My bff and I stayed two nights this week on the 3rd floor. It has definitely been updated recently and is well maintained, and the beds are really comfortable. Yes, the 2 queen room is a bit tight for space, but we mostly just slept there so how much room do you need? :)

The staff are all very friendly, and even though it's on a busy thoroughfare in an heavily industrialized area of town, it was very quiet at night. It's a bit of a drive to get downtown, but it's just a skip and a jump to NW 23rd Ave which is a swanky shopping district. All in all we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were in town for a college graduation. We rented a kitchenette room for our family. The rooms were clean, and I think recently remodeled. The carpet looked good, the bathroom was good. The kids swam in the pool, which was nice because they also had towels in the pool area (and when they ran low, someone was there to replenish them.) The breakfast was fantastic and replenished often, it never ran out despite lots of people eating there. Definitely a great value. Oh and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I couldn't ask for much more given the great price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tactowntraveler
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After recent travel experiences, this location was a pleasant surprise! My room was exceptionally clean, well equipped and comfortable in every way.
The staff were friendly, the breakfast was Delicious, and it was a joy to see such excellent pool amenities as this location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We are signed up for Corp. Rates and are enjoying that fact. The room was great!
Thanks again and again It was a great experience! Just beautiful! Looking for ward to coming back. Might bring the family. Going to invite some friends also.
Thanks