La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
Economy Inn(Portland)
Good 3.5/5
Palms Motel(Portland)
Viking Motel(Portland)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindustrial areabiscuits and gravyeasy access to downtownindoor poolminute drivefree breakfast isbreakfast roomhotel is locatedmicrowave and fridgevery pleasant staythe pearllqpetskeurigratesdistrictconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were concerned with the location of this hotel. It was too far to walk from the downtown core and even with the decent transit system, we had to rent a car to get us to and from the hotel. However even with the car it was only 5-7 minutes into the downtown core, so it was closer than it seems.

The breakfast was very good. The lady servicing the breakfast area had a GREAT demeanor. Hot waffles, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, danishes, muffins, the fruit was a bit green for us (not ripe), dry cereal for kids (fruit loops) and then for adults (corn flakes). I am not much of a coffee person, but my wife is and she was not a fan of the coffee, but if you desire Starbucks, there is one just down the street.

The pool was great for my kids. Not too deep (5 feet) and large enough to play and swim in. All hours to swim and plenty of towels.

The hot tub was NOT HOT. Some other travelers found that a bonus as you could stay in the hot tub for an hour and not feel the effects. I myself wanted the water hotter. My bathtub at home is hotter than the water in the hot tub. Watch out for the brown/orange foam. Not sure why, but the foam that is created in the hot tub can become discolored.

The room and bathroom were CLEAN. The beds were too soft for me, but for my wife & kids they really enjoyed them.

Bring extension cords if you want to plug in your laptop. Where the desk is located in the room is not close to any free electrical spots.

What is the deal with hotel rooms and showerheads? I am 6 foot 1 and the showerhead in the tub, I was able to see over it. I do like to be able to shower without bending my back or from my knees. Please RAISE the showerheads.

Even with all the industrial companies surrounding the area, you were not able to hear the noise, so the sounding of the rooms were good.

We booked through the warm electrical place, and got a room rate under $60.00 GREAT VALUE for this price. Not sure if I would pay $90 night for this place.

Room Tip: We had an accessible room so it had a large washroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mmk1997
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at La Quinta with my wife and two young daughters. We chose the place because of the low price which included some features that we like to have.

You may like the location because it is only a few minutes' drive from Portland or you may dislike it because it is in an industrial area (not downtown) with trucks zooming by and some of those using the same parking lot. We didn't find the noise to be too disturbing at all. Another positive is that parking is free.

The lobby and inside of the hotel are well maintained and were recently tastely renovated. The room was clean, the bathroom area was very small but adequate for our needs. There was free wi-fi access, which you often don't get in fancier hotel (the "free" part I mean)

The hotel pool is not bad although a little chilly. If you have small children, be sure to bring some kind of flotation device because it starts at 3 feet and quickly drops to 5 feet. The hot tub was nice although we couldn't use the jets the first day. We tried but it foamed like crazy and the chemical fumes were terrible. That was fixed the next day.

The gym is minimal. There are a couple of decent elipticals and treadmills along with an all-in-one type of weight training machine.

The free breakfast is a definite plus for a family with kids. They offer waffles, bread, cereal, coffee, juice, eggs, etc. The only downside was their use of disposable plates and bowls, which creates a lot of garbage.

Overall the place delivered what was advertised.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wwhog499
Reviewed March 2, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here at the La Quinta while my father was having some major surgery done. The staff here is absolutely amazing. They were very kind and eager to assist with antyhing that we needed. Even if it was just silly questions.
Your beds are also a good quality bed. It has been quite a while since I was able to sleep in until 9 am, and sleep as good as I did. The continental breakfast was a complete surprise. I mean what other hotel gives waffles for breakfast? none that I know of.
the other great thing about this place, was the convience. i wasn't to far from anything and it was really easy to find my way around.
Thank you so much for being here.

Room Tip: i happen to stay on the bottom floor really close to the desk, and i still didn't hear a lot of traffic noise or anything. and it's right next to a industrial area!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sony B
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband, dog Jake and I stayed @ La Quinta on NW Yeon for almost three weeks. The staff @ the front desk (Christian, Ceci, and Sarah) were all very helpful and friendly. Also the housekeeping staff was always available (thank you Veronica) and the additional staff such as Ron always had a kind hello and a smile as we passed in the halls. We were in town for business and during our visit we had a family hardship that happened and had to constantly extend our stay. We were treated with professional patience and kindness. Thank you La Quinta staff for making our stay stress free and enjoyable. Barbara Clark, San Francisco CA

• Stayed: January 2012