“nothing short of Amazing”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland NW
Ranked #63 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here at the La Quinta while my father was having some major surgery done. The staff here is absolutely amazing. They were very kind and eager to assist with antyhing that we needed. Even if it was just silly questions.
Your beds are also a good quality bed. It has been quite a while since I was able to sleep in until 9 am, and sleep as good as I did. The continental breakfast was a complete surprise. I mean what other hotel gives waffles for breakfast? none that I know of.
the other great thing about this place, was the convience. i wasn't to far from anything and it was really easy to find my way around.
Thank you so much for being here.

Room Tip: i happen to stay on the bottom floor really close to the desk, and i still didn't hear a lot of...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sony B

Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband, dog Jake and I stayed @ La Quinta on NW Yeon for almost three weeks. The staff @ the front desk (Christian, Ceci, and Sarah) were all very helpful and friendly. Also the housekeeping staff was always available (thank you Veronica) and the additional staff such as Ron always had a kind hello and a smile as we passed in the halls. We were in town for business and during our visit we had a family hardship that happened and had to constantly extend our stay. We were treated with professional patience and kindness. Thank you La Quinta staff for making our stay stress free and enjoyable. Barbara Clark, San Francisco CA

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank cooldoggirl
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Warm, inviting, courteous service and deliciously comfortable bed. Work requires 330 days/year of travel throughout U.S. so trust me when I say this La Quinta is at the top of our list. Gotta say everything is nice, but the SERVICE is what really makes this place SHINE. Thank you for treating us like royalty, immediately responding to every request.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Renee S
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've stayed here many times through the years. The remodeling and face lift have been a success.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BernieLynch
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I am a La Quinta supporter and I usually am really impressed by the La Quinta's I have stayed at even if the area might not be the best. This La Quinta was a bit disappointing to me. The area was kinda scary, to me (I admit that I do not now anything about the Portland area) The room seemed clean as usual, until I folded the bedspread up and it was badly stained (or dirty), as was the bedspread in the room of the couple that was traveling with us. The night person did not know what I was talking about when I asked for a small coffe disc for the 4 cup coffee pot in the room, I was a bit suprised. The lobby was very clean and pleasing and the day staff were great. I emailed my disappointment to the manager and received a response back that was very favorable. I was also offered a discount on my next stay if I choose to stay there again. To be fair, I would not rule out another stay to give this La Quinta another try if I was in the area. This is a very isolated finding of out of all my La Quints stays.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Betty8505
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked through another website by picking the price based on star rating and location. The only gamble is that you do not know what chain of hotel you are getting. The list had some reputable chains on there so for 68/night I was getting a great deal. The only risk is no refunds!

The La Quinta was the hotel that was selected after inputting my credit card.

I went onto trip advisor right away and was horrified at the reviews. The hotel itself is not bad at all. Mind you I'm comparing this to the price I paid! The room itself was clean. Couple of poor patch jobs on the bathroom door but nothing to make me scream. We never use the comforters when staying in anything less than 4 stars. The location is only 5-10 min by car from the freeways that lead into downtown Portland. So if u have a car no biggy. The desk clerk was ok. Not super friendly but not rude either. And btw. There was no conditioner here. Not for me but my daughter wanted some. All in all it was a place to put our head down with a hot shower and I was not expecting anything extravagant based on the price of 68 bux a night. I've def stayed in worse for more money.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank bear1675
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The room is well appointed and it was clean, but man, the rooms on the lower level have a mustiness to them. Breakfast was okay, but not refilled when the supply depletes. TV's have a very limited array of choices. Only one internet station in the business center. I also stayed at the Staybridge Suites at the airport and for 15 bucks more a night, I was more impressed! La Quinta needs to up their game

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo