“Super Service/Excellent Experience”

Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Zephyr
“Super Service/Excellent Experience”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Warm, inviting, courteous service and deliciously comfortable bed. Work requires 330 days/year of travel throughout U.S. so trust me when I say this La Quinta is at the top of our list. Gotta say everything is nice, but the SERVICE is what really makes this place SHINE. Thank you for treating us like royalty, immediately responding to every request.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Renee S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Covington, WA
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I've stayed here many times through the years. The remodeling and face lift have been a success.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BernieLynch
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I am a La Quinta supporter and I usually am really impressed by the La Quinta's I have stayed at even if the area might not be the best. This La Quinta was a bit disappointing to me. The area was kinda scary, to me (I admit that I do not now anything about the Portland area) The room seemed clean as usual, until I folded the bedspread up and it was badly stained (or dirty), as was the bedspread in the room of the couple that was traveling with us. The night person did not know what I was talking about when I asked for a small coffe disc for the 4 cup coffee pot in the room, I was a bit suprised. The lobby was very clean and pleasing and the day staff were great. I emailed my disappointment to the manager and received a response back that was very favorable. I was also offered a discount on my next stay if I choose to stay there again. To be fair, I would not rule out another stay to give this La Quinta another try if I was in the area. This is a very isolated finding of out of all my La Quints stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Betty8505
Vancouver BC Canada
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked through another website by picking the price based on star rating and location. The only gamble is that you do not know what chain of hotel you are getting. The list had some reputable chains on there so for 68/night I was getting a great deal. The only risk is no refunds!

The La Quinta was the hotel that was selected after inputting my credit card.

I went onto trip advisor right away and was horrified at the reviews. The hotel itself is not bad at all. Mind you I'm comparing this to the price I paid! The room itself was clean. Couple of poor patch jobs on the bathroom door but nothing to make me scream. We never use the comforters when staying in anything less than 4 stars. The location is only 5-10 min by car from the freeways that lead into downtown Portland. So if u have a car no biggy. The desk clerk was ok. Not super friendly but not rude either. And btw. There was no conditioner here. Not for me but my daughter wanted some. All in all it was a place to put our head down with a hot shower and I was not expecting anything extravagant based on the price of 68 bux a night. I've def stayed in worse for more money.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank bear1675
Chciago
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The room is well appointed and it was clean, but man, the rooms on the lower level have a mustiness to them. Breakfast was okay, but not refilled when the supply depletes. TV's have a very limited array of choices. Only one internet station in the business center. I also stayed at the Staybridge Suites at the airport and for 15 bucks more a night, I was more impressed! La Quinta needs to up their game

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Boystowtraveler
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 12, 2011

I booked and paid for my stay on Expedia. When I checked in, they took my card for incidentals to the tune of 200. TWO WEEKS LATER, the charge is still showing as "pending". I have stayed in no fewer than 15 hotels since the beginning of the year for business, and the most I have had a hold for was $100.00, and that was a 5 STAR HOTEL, and the charge was dropped after 48 hours from when I checked out. In just about every instance, the pending charge disappeared within 48-72 hours

The staff blames my bank, but it is BS. The staff was also surly, unhelpful, and entirely unable to justify the fact that charged twice for the room and are now unresponsive when I call and ask about it having been TWO WEEKS and I have not received the "pending" charge back.

Carrie

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Carrie0906
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The room was nice enough, king sized bed which was very comfortable, and the usual furniture. Our biggest issue was that the bathroom stank of stale cigarette smoke, in a non-smoking hotel. We didn't do anything about it, mainly because we had been driving all day and just wanted to rest. The internet was also quite poor, constantly cutting out.
The location is not the greatest but we wanted to stay within a close distance to the Stepping Stone Cafe which was only a few minutes away.
There is a Subway and other convenience stores across the parking lot, and a number of trucks stop there overnight.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple