“You'll show hockey?”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed January 12, 2014

As a Canadian visiting Portland I wanted to watch my Montreal Canadiens and was pleasantly surprised they would and could put on the game. I've been to many US cities in which they will not entertain the idea (especially a non-NHL city). We loved the laid back atmosphere (talking with locals) and the happy hour menu... nothing fancy here folks... we had the tots, wings and mac and cheese which were pretty good. The beers and drinks were good and cheap. After the game we headed downstairs to play some pub games. A great way to spend a few hours.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We needed to find a place to watch our Broncos beat KC and we found the spot in downtown Portland! Nothing fancy but tons of TVs and lots of sports fans. I loved the Bloody Mary's and we were able to order breakfast items till 1:00 which was nice. The smashed tots were really great.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I did wait 20 min for my first beer, but my server explained that I could get up and go to him at the bar and order it. That's when I got it. It's Portland, and servers are either indifferent or absent. No big deal. The food was surprisingly good. The tv sports are everywhere here. I will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited this bar in Portland last night with friends from Portland and Canada. Our Canadian friends were refused entry because they would not accept Canadian ID as proof of age! They even claimed that both their manager and the US government doesn't trust other countries. Hmmm, wonder if that's why the US border accepts foreign passports for people visiting the USA... This was plain dumb. Needless to say, none of us went in. Who knows, their food and service (once inside) might even be OK?

1  Thank RIDPDX
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I wanted to watch the UFC and Stanley Cup Final while also meeting friends for drinks and dinner. Blitz was perfect. They had lots of TVs with sports, a good beer selection, and a staff who kept my beer full. It's a great place to check out for sports in Portland.