“Funky fun bar to watch sports”
Review of Blitz Bar

Blitz Bar
Ranked #2,208 of 4,386 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Pearl
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We needed to find a place to watch our Broncos beat KC and we found the spot in downtown Portland! Nothing fancy but tons of TVs and lots of sports fans. I loved the Bloody Mary's and we were able to order breakfast items till 1:00 which was nice. The smashed tots were really great.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I did wait 20 min for my first beer, but my server explained that I could get up and go to him at the bar and order it. That's when I got it. It's Portland, and servers are either indifferent or absent. No big deal. The food was surprisingly good. The tv sports are everywhere here. I will be back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited this bar in Portland last night with friends from Portland and Canada. Our Canadian friends were refused entry because they would not accept Canadian ID as proof of age! They even claimed that both their manager and the US government doesn't trust other countries. Hmmm, wonder if that's why the US border accepts foreign passports for people visiting the USA... This was plain dumb. Needless to say, none of us went in. Who knows, their food and service (once inside) might even be OK?

1  Thank RIDPDX
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I wanted to watch the UFC and Stanley Cup Final while also meeting friends for drinks and dinner. Blitz was perfect. They had lots of TVs with sports, a good beer selection, and a staff who kept my beer full. It's a great place to check out for sports in Portland.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My colleague and I were preparing for a big meeting the following day and wanted to just get some real regular food. We wandered downtown and while Portland provides ample choices for different kinds of foods served in varying atmospheres, nothing was quite making the grade. After wandering for a while, we found Blitz and had a great time while enjoying the Blackhawks game on their various tvs. The staff was good, the food was good, and the overall experience was great.