Tripadvisor
Portland
All reviews white noise machine expo center marine drive yogurt columbia river aaa rate delta park quiet side restaurant recommendations restaurants within walking distance other hotels hotel shuttle the breakfast area easy access pleasant stay air conditioner late at night
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

The Fairfield is bunched next to two other Marriott branded hotels in a small alcove off of Marine Drive and sits next to I-5 right before it crosses to Jantzen Beach. The hotel is what you would expect from a Fairfield, clean and comfortable accommodations. The hotel is a convenient drive into North Portland or, as I needed, into Jantzen Beach. The area is quite congested with traffic, but I was able to find decent areas to run around the hotel and was able to easily access the freeway and roads into North Portland. The only detractor is a large homeless presence nearby on the paved trail that leads to nearby Delta Park. Overall a good experience.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2019

This Property I will Definitely return to ! My Husband and I came to Portland to visit our 2 Grandsons. From the moment we checked in til time of departure.... Everyone was Amazing !! They were Awesome with restaurant recommendations, to Beaches and Waterfalls to visit. The Niemans want to Thank, Maria, Pauline (?) Sabastian and the Nice Girl who checked us in (So Sorry I cant remember her name) You All Rock !! The Breakfast was Yummy, The Hotel was clean, Free Parking ! Keep up The Awesome Job !!

Room tip: Facing Parking lot instead of Freeway
Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019

This is not a criticism of this property because we never made it there. I have another property favorited. But somehow the new Bonvoy app replaced it with this place. I didn’t realize until the stormy trip up to Portland. When we stopped for dinner, I was able to make reservations where we needed to be. Unfortunately, too late to cancel. This was an expensive mistake. I will probably not book through the app until it is more reliable. Just wanted to warn other travelers. I will go back to the website, or even an old fashion phone call.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019

Just north of the main city of Portland - very convenient to the highway but tucked away in a quiet spot near the Columbia river. Recently renovated. Friendly capable staff. Very good breakfast properly kept up (not always easy).

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is situated at the end of a dead end street tucked behind another Marriott hotel. It was a little difficult to find. The staff was friendly. However, after being out all day and returning late (after 9 PM) we found our room had not been made up. My husband went to the desk to at least get clean towels. The desk clerk apologized and offered an insulting 250 points. My husband refused the points and asked that the manager speak with him in the morning. The manager had not arrived by the time we needed to leave but we left our phone number and asked that he call us. He did not. We emailed asking that he get in touch , he did not. We had wanted to express our disappointment in the housekeeping and to alert him of a potentially dangerous situation in the bathroom. The shower curtain was too short allowing water to pool on the floor. It was still there when we returned at night almost causing a fall. We did write a letter to the management corporation when we returned home and did receive a phone call. In our opinion too little too late.

Date of stay: July 2019