“EXCELLANT VALUE FOR THE MONEY”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North
Ranked #88 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Wonderful, helpful staff. Great clean rooms for the money. Delicious breakfast each morning including waffles. We had no problems with access to the hotel as others have described. Good location for getting around the area for what the city has to offer.

1  Thank Husker09
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North

Reviewed September 22, 2009

After reading all the good reviews my husband and I decided to stay at the Fairfield Suites. It was a good choice. Brandon checked us in and made sure that we had everything we needed. He was very helpful with directions and ideas. Made us really feel welcome. The room was spotless and the hotel is new. It is very close to Interstate 5 and the MAX Transportation . I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this wonderful city

1  Thank DonnafromPhilly
Reviewed September 22, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn at Portland North Harbour for 4 nights. We were touring Portland and visiting with our sons who both live in Oregon. While at first we were worried that the Inn might be a bit out of the way, it turned out to be easy to get to Downtown and NW Portland via the Hwy 5 entrance, which was a block away. We also were able to get into inner NE Portland easily via Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, which is even closer than Hwy 5. And, the bonus is that it was close to the airport. Still, it was quiet, clean, and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was standard Marriott type of arrangement--buffet with cereals, yogurt, toast, muffins, and waffles. If you're looking for an inexpensive alternative to some of the hotels that are closer to downtown, this is one to consider. It's also very close to the Expo center, which I suspect I will be visiting in the future for tradeshows.

Even though there is a fair amount of construction going on around there, it never affected our sleep or quality of our stay. We were very happy with the arrangements and will be back.

Oh, one more thing. The wireless Internet service was free and instant-on. I was not required to go through any portal page to get to the Web.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

We arrived late thinking that I had made reservations at this hotel. The desk manager did everything he could to find the hotel I had reserved including letting us use his internet service and even made calls for us. We couldn't belive the price for a room.It seemed low for the quality of the rooms. I think this is a new facility and it was squeaky clean. I just glanced at the pool and saw that it was nice and we did take advantage of the free breakfast. Most of these continental breakfast are much the same as was this one but I liked that the 'server' kept everything full and all the spills,etc cleaned up. There is a nice walk along the Columbia River.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2009

EXCELLENT value, very clean, fantastic service! Really cool decor, great breakfast. I can only say this place is really great and will stay again when in the Portland area. EXCELLENT VALUE! The "Green Tea" decor is really cool and very modern. This was the BEST lodging we had on our trip via Seattle and Canada. NOTHING compared to this place. I do definitely recommend the Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North Harbour. You would be crazy to pass it up.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Definitely recommended.
We used it as a stopover hotel on our way to California.
Fabulous stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I decided to spend a little more than I usually do ($100 a night as opposed to about $80) and the difference was immediately apparent. Spa, Pool, better breakfast, flatscreen TV, LAN and WiFi Internet. I was also treated to the most helpful front desk staff I have met. Eager to assist above and beyond the usual level you'd expect they were polite, welcoming and knowledgeable. Also, and I understand this is a unique feature to this hotel, in room sound-spa with soothing rainforest / summer night / rain / waterfall sounds to lull you to sleep. A great idea and one instigated by one of the staff.

In short this is a great hotel combining excellent facilities with personal service.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Residence Inn Portland North
#90 of 144 in Portland
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Rodeway Inn & Suites Jantzen Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North? Share your experiences!