“Fairfield Inn &Suites is a Home away from home.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North
Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I would encourage anyone travelling to Portland, Oregon to stay at the Fairifield Inn Suites. Every morning and evening I was greeted with a warm smile. The staff was wonderful and the accomodations was nice. The rooms were neat and clean. It truly became my home away from home and made my business trip.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2009

I stay an average of 1 to 3 nights per week in hotels all over the Northwest. Mostly Marriott hotels, but not always (some small towns I travel to for business don't have a Mariott). So I can honestly tell you that as Fairfield/Mariott hotels go, this one is my favorite one to visit.

The hotel is new with new aminities (like huge flat panel TVs in every room, mini fridges, microwaves, feather and synthetic pillows, comfortable mattresses, etc). The hotel is clean and well kept. But what makes this hotel really stand out is the truly outstanding staff. It's the only hotel I visit where I know most of the front staff by name, and I feel like they care about me personally.

To give you an idea of the level of service you can expect from this place, I'd like to share a something that happened recently. I checked in a few days ago to discover that the hotel market had run out of energy drinks (oh the horror!). To make matters worse, I had an exceptionally early meeting the following morning. I'm not a coffee drinker so I needed something to wake me up in the morning. I voiced my concern to the front desk staff (in a joking manner), and the manager apologized for not having my drink of choice avaliable.

To my surprise the manager personally purchased an energy drink for me on her way home that night. When I checked out the next morning she handed me a cold can of much needed caffiene, and apologized a second time for running out of energy drinks in the market.

To be honest, I felt bad because she went out of her way to be accomodating, but boy was I grateful.

To provide a bit of fair balance, the hotel is a little close to the freeway, which is great for convenience, but can be slightly noisy (it's not really loud, but you can hear the occasional loud car/semi). However, the staff strives to fill the rooms on the quiet side first, and they provide a complementary white noise device in every room that's nice to listen too even if you aren't on the freeway side. This hotel also doesn't have a restaurant, but the Mariott across the parking lot (200 yards away) has an nice restaurant and small bar. There are also several nice restaurants within walking distance (less than 1/4 mile) if you're against eating in a hotel restaurant. There is also a small theater, casino, and arcade nearby (a mile or so away). And lots of shopping and additional restaurants just over the bridge (a mile or so in the other direction).

As travelers, we all have a choice of where to stay. If you value a clean room with nice aminities, quick access to the freeway, and exceptional customer service, this is your place.

T.Y.
Tacoma, WA

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MrNorthwest
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I would stay here again. My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights last week. It was clean, nicely decorated with bright, lively colors, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the breakfast was a decent buffet (waffle machine, hot Jimmy Dean sandwiches, yogurts, bananas, oranges, toast, muffins), tea and coffee is available all day in the lounge, and there's a computer station available if you need to print out boarding passes. The pool is tiny and so is the gym, but they serve their purposes (I went everyday and it was always empty).
Location: 5 minutes to Vancouver over the bridge, 10 minutes to the airport, less than 10 minutes to downtown Portland. Perfect.
Can't really beat this for the price--$89/ night.
The only drawback: the walls aren't particularly insulated, so I could definitely hear the couple next door having a quickie...good thing he didn't seem to last very long...
I recommend visiting Vancouver while you're here. We also went to the theater in Portland, which was great! One other good place: Cinetopia.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank karilovesadventures
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel is beautiful and I love all the decor of ORANGE and yellow.
Everyone who worked there, Brandon and Winter were so charming.
The breakfast was ample and very tasty. The breakfast hostess, Edna
was so pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed talking to her while waiting for
my friends to get ready for the day.. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I found out that this is a new hotel in Portland and decided to try it out. When I walked through the doors I was blown away. The new color scheme is amazing and the front desk agent greeted me with a smile.
I needed directions to the mall to get a few items and they had them readily available. Also, for diner, they had a good list of restaurants in the area.
Along with a clean and comfortable room, I can say that I was more than pleased. I would stay at this hotel again and will when I return to Portland next month.
Very highly recommended, especially for the price!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnyBusiness
Reviewed December 11, 2008

It still looked brand new inside, I liked the trendy colors in the decor, and breakfast was pretty decent. The staff was friendly and it was nice that they still served coffee in the lobby area through the evening hours.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank happynhawaii
Reviewed December 5, 2008

Very clean, nice room layout, 2 flat screen TV's, microwave, frig, small stereo system, iron and hair dryer. The breakfast bar is nothing special, but the price - $89/night - is very reasonable.

Unfortunately, for all the niceties they sacrificed sound insulation, especially if you end up with an odd-numbered room (the west side of the Inn), then you will be subject to the constant traffic noise from I-5 and traffic from the local industrial area. I can usually sleep through just about anything, however, even with my ear plugs (NR-27) and my relatively poor hearing, I could still hear the traffic, especially the semi-truck's air brakes.

So, if you make a reservation for this Inn, ask for an even-numbered room (south side of the Inn) and ask for a room number greater than 20 (i.e. 120+, 220+ or 320+). We switched room the 2nd night and got a room on this side of the Inn and the noise was bearable - yes it was still a little noisy, but not as bad as the north side.

During our three night stay (Thur, Fri & Sat), there were never more than 12 cars in the parking lot, and at breakfast, we never saw more than 3 guest each morning ... maybe that means something.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple