“Excellent value, comfortable room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland North
Ranked #89 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Just stayed here for one night. The lobby is very pleasing and parking is right at the front door. I checked in late so didn't get to use the pool or fitness center so can't comment on those.

My room was small but very comfortable. My king bed was very comfy, the desk was nice, there was good lighting and plenty of outlets for my chargers. There was a small refrigerator. And even a sound machine on the nightstand! A very nice touch

The bathroom was a good size, with a large countertop. And I like the Pantene products!

I didn't hear any noise from the airport. Perhaps I was too tired to notice. No noise from connecting rooms either.

There isn't a restaurant but I think there's one in the Courtyard By Marriottt just across the parking lot. There is a Subway and a pizza place within walking distance. A cute little area of new condos, apartments and several Marriott hotels.

Good value for the money for a business traveler!

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel was just like all the other Fairfield Inns. Same decor, same breakfast, same layout. It is a good value and convenient for business travelers. However, this location is right near the airport, thus a lot of noise. The walls seemed overly thin as I could hear the guy in the room next door clear his throat and cough. That was annoying. I should have known that noise was an issue when I saw the "sound machine" on the bed side table.

The good news is that I loved the sound of raindrops while I fell asleep. Now I'm going to buy myself a sound machine!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BodogArizona
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Loved the service and cleanliness of this hotel, but the highway noise and tight parking was not so great. We travelled to the annual swap meet at the convention center and the location of this hotel to the swap meet is a definate plus. Our room was located on the 2nd floor closest to the highway. There are several apartment buildings when you wind your way back to the hotel & vehicles are parked on both sides of the road pretty much making it one lane only. Parking is a premium because we were told to have our parking pass in the window or the vehicle would be towed.

Room Tip: Not near the highway
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very pleasant experience here. Clean, modern and efficient place. The offerings at the free breakfast were very good. Even the coffee quality was decent.

The location is a ways away from downtown, but the light rail is nearby as is I5 and 99. It is also near a bike trail.

As it is close to the freeway, it is a little noisy in the evenings, our room had a enviromental sounds generator to mask the freeway. It worked well. We'd stay again, price was right too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Chose this property because it was close to Vancouver, Washington where we were attending an event and because of the Marriott affiliation. It met expectations but had one drawback - early a.m. noise from flights to and from Portland airport.

The Fairfield Inn properties are becoming a favorite of mine as they have Marriott amenities at low prices. This property did not disappoint. The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed. It had a window that opened, good desk and extra chair, coffee, free WiFi - all for $89/night AAA rate. The only thing i wish they'd add to the standard is a refrigerator. I requested one but was told they were "all out".

When we got to the room, I immediately noticed the white noise machine and sign offering free earplugs. At around 6 a.m. when air traffic started picking up I understood why those were offered!

As with all Fairfields, hot breakfast was also included (biscuits/gravy, jimmy dean sandwiches, waffles). For healthier eaters, there was also cereal, granola, fruit, and yogurt.

All in all for location, amenities, and price I recommend this hotel - unless you are a very light sleeper!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stay here for business often, very often. At least 2 or 3 nights a month. While not the fanciest or best hotel I have stayed at, it is what I compare al business hotels to. Nice lobby, good business center, free continental, clean pool, clean rooms, and wifi that actually works.

The place was always quiet and the staff are helpful and nice. My only complaint is the hotel is next to a busy road and the interstate because you can definitely hear every semi truck that drives by. While it does not bother me, I can see that as a big minus to some. I sleep with the fan on high. I recommend to get a room on the parking lot side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side of the hotel, facing north. If you are on the south side of t...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtravelers_ja
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here twice. Clean, great staff, big rooms, fridge, close to interstate. Cute little trail behind hotel next to river, go so dream of buying a houseboat. Hotel will take you over to the light rail station if you have no car. Fairly close to airport with free shuttle. Can walk to Subway.

Room Tip: Away from Interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business