“Kinara Thai - The Best”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We accidentally "Yelp'ed" our way io Kinara Thai and had a scrumptious lunch. The curry squash is to die for. Service was great, clean location. Though the door to the bathroom is located directly in one of the eating areas... not too desirable.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I first went to Kinara in 2008, and now it is my favorite Thai restaurant in Portland! I have sampled almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. My favorites are the Tom Ka soup and the Drunken Noodles. My wife says the mussels are the best she ever eaten. Everyone one I have taken there has had an great experience. Kinara has a wonderful staff, cozy atmosphere, and delicious food.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The place was quaint, the staff impeccably attentive (and not at all in an intrusive way), the food delicious. I'm so glad I kept digging reviews on the internet. It's inexpensive (to give you an idea of the price, most wines were $28 - and the Riesling we had was really nice (not from some conglomerate)). The pad Thai and a basil chicken dish (for which I cannot remember the name) were delicious.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

I think the food here is consistently excellent. The food has subtle flavors rather than it trying to bash you over the head with it. It's not one dimensional like some thai food can be. The flavors are complex and the result is delicious. I think it's one of the best thai places in town. It's hidden away in the Goose Hollow district, a few door down from Lincoln high school. it's worth seeking out.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Live real close so we mostly get takeout. Most everything is good but the Tom Kah Gai is to die for. I've been trying to replicate this at home but no luck yet.