“Love this place!”
Review of Tao of Tea

Tao of Tea
Ranked #128 of 261 Coffee & Tea in Portland
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I only wish we lived closer! The staff are fantastic and the atmosphere is peaceful! Always love stopping by when I'm in the area. Even if I don't have time to stay, I'll still pick up some loose tea for myself!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My daughter, who lives in Portland, took me and other visiting family members to this restaurant. We ordered an assortment of small plates and shared them. Everything tasted good.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I highly recommend this place! I was visiting Portland. None of us had been there so didn't know what to expect. We walked in and enjoyed they look of the place. They menu has a wide variety and everything we tried was delicious! The place is very relaxed and makes you enjoy being there. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The only negative, if you have back problems most of the chairs there do not have a back support. You might find it uncomfortable. It is highly recommended that you visit the tea store next door as well.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We keep coming back to Tao of Tea, not only for the wonderful selection of teas but for the delicious fresh food as well. On our most recent trip we enjoyed several of our favorite dishes - the dal and rice, spinach rolls and the vegetable dumplings. All were scrumptious. The vegetable dumplings were a bit greasier than I like, but tasty nonetheless. The service could have been a little friendlier, but she covered all the basics so we got everything we needed... just without a smile. On all of my visits I especially enjoy the ambiance... there's a very peaceful and calming air about the restaurant... it's nice to just sit and enjoy!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

What a lovely place to hang out. A place with some great ambiance and very unhurried. The pots of tea are very cheap and there are tons of them to choose from . The food is decent - it definitely has way lesser spice levels than Indian food and is very light on the stomach. Of course, this is a tea place, so do not expect a full blown menu. We were introduced to this place on a visit to Portland by a few locals and ended up visiting them once more before we left. A perfect stop for the incessant rains!